Chapter 31: Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

"But Gabby-" He begins his whining.

"Rocco." I say sternly, raising my eyebrows warningly.

"Whatever you say, amore mio." Rocco sighs defeatedly. I smile triumphantly at my win. (my love)

We both walk away from each other. He goes out the door, I go to find our children and other grandchildren to see how they're doing with the party decorations. I let out a sigh of annoyance already hearing the bickering coming from the dining room.

"Theodore, Aldo don't make me come in there and hurry up with the balloons!" I yell, afterwards no longer hearing the pair's arguing. I love being feared.

I head up to the conference room on the third floor, where I stationed Romeo, Luca, and Mateo to wrap the presents. I peek in the room to see how they're doing. I smile as I watch Luca work diligently on wrapping the presents for his little cousins. It's not obvious but I've noticed how happy Luca has been since he's gotten here. The faint smiles, his face lighting up more, putting more effort into his tasks. I just hope he figures how to be happy again without his boyfriend, and one day find another person to open up his heart to.

I watch the other two work just as hard but it's clear that Romeo isn't the best person to have wrap presents. But he's trying his best. Mateo doing much better at it than the others.

Might as well go help Andrea and the maids in the kitchen.

Isabella POV

I laugh at Ilias as we get out of the car, Nonno right behind us, Ilias covered in the chocolate ice-cream he was in the process of eating on our way home before Nonno hit a speed bump. Which led to Ilias being covered in the ice-cream.

Ilias only pouts as I and Nonno laugh at him. This is why he should've gotten a milkshake like me.

"You're both so mean to me! I would expect this out of Nonno, but I thought you were nicer than this, Isa." Ilias groaned, continuing to pout.

"I'm-I'm s-sorry Il-ias." I drawled out in between my fits of laughter. Nonno just shook his head playfully getting in front of us so he could open the door first. Ilias and I followed behind Nonno, Ilias wiping his hands off on his pants attempting to get the already dried ice-cream off.

"I'm going to have to take a shower again." He commented.

"It's sort of your fault, you insisted on bringin-" I begin, stopping mid-sentence when everyone came running out from different places in the house.

"Surprise!" They all yelled in unison. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my beating heart after hearing the loud yelling. Though I have to do a double take when I see Mia, Calista, Anthony, and Lucas coming towards me.

"Happy Birthday Isabella." Lucas is the first to speak out of the five of us.

"Thanks, what are you guys doing here?"

"Bella, it's your birthday we wouldn't have missed it for the world, plus I've always wanted to see what the inside of the Romano's house looked like. But your birthday is obviously more important out of the two." Mia blurts out. I laugh and shake my head at her boldness.

...

I smile happily as I sit in between Ilias and Pavel at the dinner table. Mia, Lucas, and Calista sitting in front of me while Anthony sits on the other side of Ilias. It's safe to say that Ilias is dying on the inside due to how quiet he's being, I've also taken note of how red his ears are. Ilias' friends not too far away keep laughing then look towards Ilias with smirks on all their faces.