A Request, an ask for help, and thanks (Important Update)

Normally, I wouldn't do this. You never put author's notes in the middle of a story, usually at the end, but this means a lot to me, so I wanted to let you know straight up what's going on.

So what the heck was with the lack of uploads since February?

That's the thing I wanted to ask you guys about. Go to the top of my page: Soul Crossers. This was a story I literally spent the past 7 months working on to get ready for the Wattys by Friday.

My followers and friends said they were going to support the story, and legitimately after writing over 100,000 words for it, and updating it time after time when someone informed me the deadline was approaching (I didn't find out until August 11th, and I was only 70% done, I finished submitting it before 11:59 that night), only two of my followers ended up supporting it. And someone's literally offering me votes to read their story just so I can get votes. No seriously, one of my followers joked that I should get better followers. Sadly, he's right.

And honestly, I was just going to abandon it to read other people's work and see if I checked it out, but I'll learn if the book even makes it to the short list. That could help it.

But honestly, at 85 reads and only 13 votes, it's probably not and I shouldn't have taken a break to focus on that. I would ask if you wanted to check it out. I tend to write a lot of action stories anyway, (you'll see pretty soon) but if you'll like the battles, you might wanna check it out, it's about a college student fighting demons by fusing with demon (the action mostly starts around chapter 2), and you'll see a lot of action scenes splattered throughout. The link's here.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/319257094-soul-crossers-how-a-college-freshmen-and-fairy-a

I won't ask for votes, comments, or even reads, but if you just want to check it out and see why I had to take a break for so long, that's the reason. I'm not trying to use you guys, but I really am grateful for the 3000 votes and 60 votes. This is my most read story and second most voted, which I am super grateful for. I wish my original works got that amount of love, but it'd be nice if some of you could check it out.

And I know most of you will just ignore it. The last time I worked on a story for the Wattys, I literally had to stop another fanfiction to do so, and I asked a follower for support on that one. He told me instead to focus on his work and demanded I only focus on what he wanted, and combined with the lack of support of the time and a lack of passion, I unfollowed him and axed the story. I won't do that here, I genuinely want to finish this story. At the time I'm writing this, I've probably started writing the first battle(s) of the story. I just wanted to let you all know where I stand with everything.

Either way, my mental health has been through a bit of hellscape working on Soul Crossers in this heat so much, so I figured I might as well focus on this to give my head some breathing space. It sucks trying to be a professional writer and feeling like a waste of time, but at the same time, this is Wattpad.

There was also my day job. Fun fact, I started working on this idea last year, and while I had to wait for 6 hours to get that job (still waiting on a renewal), I literally mapped out every fight I possibly could for this story while I had to wait on the line. My laptop also needs repairs, but it can function for now as long as I don't move it, I'm good for now (might be a problem for later.) But my job really got in the way, and I wake up a 4-5am every morning, come home at 3pm, and I'm usually out of energy. Thankfully I did map out the first half while I was busy, but hey if you ever wanted to know how I decided what teams and the battles even though I took such a long hiatus, that's your answer.

Another thing. I know that some of the character picks are controversial, "why is X character here, why isn't Y here is" going to be a debate, and don't worry, depending on if I choose not to abandon this story (and I'll do my best not to), I'll do my best for every battle I write. Every character will get a chance to shine. I've seen the Pokemon community get a bit extreme with the Masters Eight tournament to the point I don't want to say anything there, so just know if characters lose or win, just remember this is all for fun. Plus, there are some characters I might have plans for down the line, we'll see.

Overall, when you see this, the first battle should be up. If you wish, please check out Soul Crossers: it's very different from the traditional Wattpad books or fanfics you're used to, but it's got battles with human-fairies and werewolf samurais fighting mermaids, hellhounds, demonic spiders, grim reapers, with romance, mystery, fights in kitchen, all taking place underneath a college campus.

And for those who don't really give a shit and just want to move on to the tournament, I deeply apologize for making you wait so long, and I hope you all enjoy.