V. Apology Accepted A Couple Hundred Times

. . • • 🫶🏼
[ Robin's POV ]
I woke up and stretched. I had no plans for today so I decided to meet the others and see if they wanted to go to the drive in cinema later on in the day.

I got up, shoved some clothes on and had breakfast with my Tío.

Then I said goodbye and ran out the door.

•^*+ Time Skip +*^•

I had reached Finn's house and rang the doorbell. His dad answered the door and looked at me up and down.

"Hi Mr Blake, can Finn come out and hang with me?" I asked meekly, knowing Finn's dad's sharp tongue and fiery attitude. The man can flare up in an instant.

"Well, is it for tutoring? Otherwise no, he's in disgrace today" Finn's dad finally grunted.

Thinking fast, I came up with an answer.

"Uhh, yeah, it's for tutoring maths work. But it has to be at a later time than usual due to my uhh, my uncle's work schedule" I lied.

"How late will he be out? He was out too fucking late last night" Finn's dad warned.

"Not too late, probably ten o'clock ish?" I asked and his dad reluctantly agreed.

I left and let out a sigh of relief and saw Finney in the window giving me a thumbs up which I returned.

Next was Y/N's house.

Jogging to her estate, I pressed the doorbell and waited for her to open the door. I saw a flash of her face in the side window as she got up to open the door.

"Hiya Robin! What brings you to my humble abode?" Y/N smiled and I laughed.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the drive-in cinema with me and the others later on? We could go see a horror movie?" I explained to Y/N and her eyes lit up.

"Oh my god! That sounds like so much fun! Who's going? Billy? Griffin? Finney? Gwen?!" Y/N rambled on and I gave her a slap to shut her up.

"I have yet to ask Billy and should we invite Griffin? He seems far too young for this type of stuff... I'm just saying. Finney is going although I had to lie to get his dad to agree and Gwen won't be able to go because I didn't have a good excuse for her, sorry" I retell Y/N all the details and she nods.

"Poor Gwen and Finney... I hope they didn't get too harsh of a punishment" Y/N worries and I nod.

"Oh, I'm surprised you didn't include Bruce in the people to invite. You two seem to be veerrryyyy close?" I say smirking and Y/N covers her face with her hands, her hair swaying forward to shield the obvious blush on her cheeks.

"Stop it Robin! It's not like that between Bruce and I! Sure he's athletic, kind... and he's really pretty..." Y/N pauses and smiles until she snaps back to reality.

"But that's besides the point! We only met yesterday!" Y/N argues and I sigh, not bothering to argue with her anymore.

"Ok fine, you win. Do you want to invite him or not?" I ask and Y/N nods quickly.

"Of course! He's a friend! So why not?" Y/N replies and I smirk.

"He's not gonna be just a friend for much longer is he?" I tease and Y/N pushes me out her front door.

I had no clue how to contact Bruce and so reluctantly I had to knock on Y/N's door again.

She opened it and gave me the middle finger until I stopped her from slamming the door in her face.

"Y/N! Can you please ask Bruce if he's able to go? I don't know where he lives or have his number or anything" I say and Y/N gasps.

"Omg! I'm so sorry! Is that why you knocked on the door again?!" Y/N panicked and I nodded and she hugged me in apology.

"I'm so sorry! Of course I will go and ask him! Apologies for giving you the finger and slamming the door in your face!" Y/N apologized profusely and bowed her head towards me.

"No te disculpes idiota, you're forgiven. I'll call you later with a time, see ya!" I yell and run off and Y/N waves to me.

•^*+ Time Skip +*^•
[ Y/N's POV ]
I felt so bad about slamming that door in Robin's face when he was just trying to ask a simple question to me.

While walking to Bruce's, I made up my mind that I would pay for his snacks at the movie later on.

I was so lost in thought that I rang the doorbell to the wrong house.

After apologizing profusely to the stranger, I went to the correct house and rang the doorbell.

A woman opened the door and smiled at me.

"Hi there dear, how can I help you?" the woman asked kindly.

"Hi, if you don't mind, I'm looking for Bruce Yamada? I'm wondering if it would be okay for him to hang out later on?" I explained and the woman tapped her chin in thought.

"Hmm, I'm sure that's fine, are you his girlfriend? He never hangs out with girls so I'm just wondering..." she questioned and I felt heat rise to my cheeks again. Goddamn it, I have to stop.

"Oh! No, we are just friends, we only met yesterday!" I say panicking slightly.

"Ok, anyway, I'll get Bruce" and with that the lady shouted up the stairs and Bruce came running down the stairs. His hair was messy and he seemed to be coming straight out of a nap due to the pajamas he was wearing. I melted on the spot. He looked adorable.

"What is it mom? Oh! Y/N. Hi! I'm... gonna change" Bruce stuttered and ran back upstairs.

I giggled and thanked his mom for her time and waited outside for Bruce patiently.

Eventually Bruce came out of the house and sat down on the steps beside me.

"Sorry you had to see me, uhh so untidy!" Bruce sheepishly said to me and I stopped him.

"It's ok, you looked so cute I didn't mind" I replied before slapping my hand to my mouth.

"I'm so sorry, that just slipped out! My bad" I sighed and Bruce grinned.

"Don't worry about it!" he smiled at me and I nodded.

I explained to him the plan for tonight and he nodded.

"Can't wait to see you there!" Bruce said. With that he winked at me and walked back inside, leaving me flustered as always.

Sorry for not updating for a few days, I felt really unmotivated to come up with another chapter and post :(

Also, school just started up again for me and I have inter cert exams this year so I'm panicking slightly. Anyways, I managed to get another chapter out, O do hope you enjoy it

If updates become slow, it's because I'm back in school, im so sorry 🫶🏼

Tristan for president 💪🏼🤝🏽