IX. Falling Slowly, But Are You Falling Too?

. . • • 🫶🏼
[ Y/N's POV]
I was sitting in biology and was staring at the projector screen.

My partner was Donna and she was nice enough but I had finished my work and she was still scribbling away.

To make the time pass quicker, I decided to doodle some stupid ideas and thoughts down. My head was a mess lately and I had already had 3 cups of coffee before the school day had started.

I started drawing random little faces and then eyes because... doodling e y e s.

Then I decided to draw some people. I smiled and started to draw Donna, I drew her holding hands with Finney. I sniggered but turned it into a cough while a few people stared at me.

I turned back to my sheet of paper and started drawing again. This time I started to draw a house but my thoughts lingered and soon enough, I started to draw Bruce.

His perfect hair, and his gorgeous face. I was falling hard for this boy.

Donna peered over my shoulder and smirked.

"You have a crush on Yamada?" Donna asked and I snapped my head up to look at her so fast, I probably broke a bone.

"What did you just say Donna??" I stared at her and she smiled.

"Bruce. The baseball player? The super popular guy?? Everyone likes him!" Donna explained and I sighed.

"Yes, Donna. Bruce Yamada" I nod and she squeals, causing a few people to shush her.

"Do youse even hang out???" Donna asks.

"Well, you see..." I say and start telling Donna the whole story of how Bruce and I met and how we were growing closer.

"Aww! He definitely likes you a lot!" Donna grins and shuts her copybook.

"You think? Something in the back of my mind is telling me some type of trouble or some shit like that is coming my way..." I shrug and shove my book into my bag as the teacher leaves the classroom.

"Well, go to his next training practice and bring me along. I can probably spy on him and get you some inside info!" Donna suggested and I paused.

"I'll think about it Donna" I said, giving the girl a small smile and she laughs.

"I ship you two so bad" Donna shouts walking out of the class before going the opposite way to me.

"Shut up Donna!" I yell back and give her the finger.

time skip -

I was sitting at my desk and was studying for my upcoming history test. It was such a bore but I had to get good grades to keep up my streak of high scores.

Trying to focus, I switched on my radio and turned the dial to the music station I loved.

Unfortunately one thing always came back to my mind, Bruce Yamada. Something worried me but I couldn't tell what exactly what it was.

I tried to push it out of my conscience but it always came back.

Why was I so worried? What was there to worry about??

Bruce was probably, hanging out with his sister Amy he had talked about the other day.

Or he was out with friends playing baseball.

Why did it matter so much where he was? And why did it matter so much about who he was with?

It couldn't be jealousy?

C o u l d i t ?

What if he was out with a different girl? Another one, someone who was so much prettier... smarter... better?

Was that what was worrying me so much? We're not even dating, I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Finney would know what to do about this...

Walking downstairs, I grabbed the phone off the wall and dialed in Finney's number.

What was going on with me? Is this love? Did I truly love Bruce Yamada? So much that I wanted him to love me and no other person?

The answer to that question,

is yes.

- - - -

Wtf is this chapter smh 💀

So turns out y'all are figuring out you're down bad for Brucey 🤭🤭

I mean who isn't??

But complications will arise and the tea will be served.

SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE AGAIJ WAHEHH 😭 Hope you enjoyed this chapter although it was more of a rant and worrisome chapter for the reader 🥲