11. The Boy

. . • • 🫶🏼
[ Robin's POV ]

It was finally Saturday. The day of Finney's game! I was honestly so hyped about it and threw on some clothes and then called Y/N.

"Y/N! Wanna walk with me to the pitch later on?" I asked Y/N.

"That's a good idea, I'll go to your house then so be ready for around 10:30!" Y/N cheered over the phone and I laughed.

"Ok, see you then Y/N" I replied and hung up the phone.

•^*+ Time Skip +*^•
[ Y/N's POV ]

I speed walked to Robin's house panicking. Somehow I had gotten distracted playing with my dog when I should've been watching the time!

It was now 10:41 and I finally ran up to his doorstep where Robin sat, waiting for me.

"Geez Y/N, where were you? It's nearly been an extra 15 minutes?!" Robin exclaimed, smacking my head.

"Ouch! Robinnnn! I'm sorry, I got distracted!" I whined and grabbed his wrist to pull him up and get him to start walking.

We start walking to the pitch and eventually we get there. I ran over to the stands and peered around.

"Oh Robin! Look there's Gwen and Billy!" I yell over at Robin and he nods and jogs over to me while I wave at Gwen and Billy.

At the sidelines, I can see both teams warming up and getting ready.

"You can do it Finney!" I yell over at Finn and he covers his face with his hands in embarrassment, which I smirk at.

Robin sits down and Gwen offers us both popcorn which I accept and Robin declines but Gwen keeps pushing it and pleading Robin to take a small bit so he finally gave up and took some.

I look over at the opposing team to Finney. They look like decent players I suppose.

Then one player caught my eye. Number 27.
He turned around and oh my god, he was cute.

We made eye contact and he winked at me and I tore my eyes away, blushing like mad.

"What's up with the red face Y/N?" Billy asks me quietly and I jump in surprise.

"Ahh! Nothing Billy don't worry about it!" I squirm and hide my face.

"Is it one of the players?" Robin asks nonchalantly and I shake my head in disagreement.

"Um! No!" I lie and Robin just looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

Gwen was about to say something but just then the players all ran out onto the field and got into position.

Robin, Gwen, Billy and I cheered loudly for Finney and he smiled at us.

As the game progressed, I tried my best to watch Finney and cheer him on but my eyes kept drifting over to the one boy in yellow, number 27.

•^*+ Time Skip +*^•
The game was going good, although it was Finney's turn to pitch and Number 27 was batting. (forgive me for my poor knowledge of how baseball works)

I was rooting for Finney and Number 27 was on strike 2. This was Finney's teams chance to win.

Finney threw the ball as best as he could except it wasn't enough. Number 27 hit it and it was a solid hit, it was a-

"Homerun!" the crowd screams and Finney sighs in disappointment.

As Number 27 was running around the pitch to all the bases, he tilted his helmet at me and winked. I blushed and waved to the boy who smiled at me.

Once the game was over, I ran over to Finney who was puffed.

"Aww Finney, don't be mad! You played well today!" I said, trying my best to cheer him up.

Robin gave him a firm handshake and consoled him while Gwen and Billy tried to make him feel better.

I was just sipping on my soda when I felt a tap on my back.

I turned around and it was Number 27!

"Hi! Couldn't help but notice you in the crowd. How could I not? You're pretty cute" the boy smirked at me and I blushed AGAIN.

"Ahah, yes, you seemed to have caught my eye too! You're a superb baseball player!" I replied while smiling.

"Thanks! Your friends arm is mint! He almost had me!" the boy exclaimed.

On a closer look, the boy had black slightly fluffy hair, brown eyes and was quite tall. And super cute.

"Oh yeah! Finney's one of my best friends!" I reply and point over to my friend who was being attacked by Robin for some reason.

"I never caught your name by the way, and you didn't catch mine. I'm Bruce Yamada!" Bruce told me, holding out a hand.

"Y/N L/N" I smiled and took Bruce's hand.

"Who are your friends?" He asked me and I grinned and dragged the boy over to the group.

"Guys! This is Bruce Yamada! Please introduce yourselves to him!" I say to the group and they stand up.

"Well, I'm Finney Blake, you played against me just a few minutes ago" Finney told Bruce and Bruce smiled and shook his hand.

"Your arm is mint! You almost had me" Bruce replied and turned to Gwen.

"Hi! I'm Gwen, Finney's younger sister, nice to meet you Bruce!" Gwen exclaimed, punching Finney in the arm.

"Ow! Gwen!" Finney scolded Gwen and pulled her to the side.

Bruce just laughed and finally turned to Robin and Billy.

"My names Robin, and this is Billy. Fuck with any of us and I fuck with you. You got that?" Robin asked and Bruce took a step back.

"Hey man, I just want to be friends" Bruce said to Robin and Robin's gaze softened.

"I feel like we're gonna be good friends" Robin grinned and gave Bruce a high five.

"Hey, Bruce, we were thinking of going to the diner now for food after the game. Wanna join?" I asked and Bruce smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Great!" I say and the group all walked to the side of the path where Finney's, Gwen's and Billy's bikes were parked.

"Shit" I say because I didn't bring my bike. But Robin didn't either, maybe we could walk together?

That thought was pushed out of my head though, when Gwen generously gave her bike to Robin to use and she hopped on Finney's bike behind him. Although, I could just hitch a ride with Robin, his cycling skills are crazy and I'd probably fall off of the bike in the first 10 seconds we started moving.

Looks like I was gonna be walking there.

I started to walk until I heard a bicycle bell ring behind me, it was Bruce!

"Wanna hitch a ride with me?" Bruce asked and I smiled.

"Yes please" I say and walk over to Bruce. He stops and lets me on his bike.

I wrap my arms around his waist and thank him for his kind offer. Bruce smiles and I lean into him.

I could've sworn I saw a hint of pink on his cheeks but then Robin shouted over at us to get a move on.

I gave him the finger and we all cycled to the diner.

Finally some Bruce content! Isn't he the sweetest 🫶🏼

Anyway, thank you again for sticking around to read this story.

I'm glad Bruce/Tristan is getting appreciation! <3