VI. A Sweet Deal

. . • • 🫶🏼
[ Finney's POV ]
Shoving on my jacket and after mentally preparing myself for the cool air about to hit me, I bid farewell to my father quietly.

"Finney, tutoring only. No staying out late out at the stupid arcade or some other dumb shit, alright?" my dad grunted and I nodded.

Passing by the living room, Gwen was sat pouting watching the TV. I wish she was able to go with the group of us but no matter how hard I pleaded to my dad, he wouldn't let Gwen go anywhere.

Saying bye to Gwen, I ran out of the house and towards Robin's house.

I noticed Y/N and Bruce walking side by side to Robin's and gave them a wave which they returned.

Robin was waiting outside his house with Billy, the two seemed to be in deep conversation about something although they did shut up right away when the rest of us came near them.

"Hey, so we're gonna take my uncle's truck over so we can all fit, is that alright?" Robin asked and Y/N raised her hand.

"Yes Y/N?" Robin muttered pointing at the girl who looked confused.

"Um, Robin, is your uncle coming with us to drive the truck?" Y/N asked and Robin smirked.

"Nope! I'll be driving" Robin simply said which made my jaw drop.

"Robin. What the fuck" I gasp and the others just looked at him.

"Robin, you can barely cycle a bike let alone drive a frickin' truck" Billy argued and Robin looked slightly offended.

"Fine, Y/N's driving" Robin compromised. Y/N shook her head in annoyance.

"Robin, just get your Tío to drive" Bruce asked and Robin mumbled something about him being sick.

"Ugh fine, I'll drive" I smacked my forehead and motioned for Robin to give me the keys to the truck. Robin threw the keys at me and we all climbed into the truck.

"Are you sure about this?" Billy asked and I sighed.

"It's the only plan we've got".

[ Y/N's POV ]
This was the worst idea ever. And I've had some pretty awful ideas.

We had barely gotten started on the road and Finney was already trying to kill us.

"Finney, what the fuck! You're supposed to spin the wheel like this!" I groan in frustration as I grab the steering wheel.

"Hey, it's not my fault, I didn't know driving was gonna be this difficult!" Finney argued back at me.

Then suddenly, we all screamed because we hit a bunch of bins by the side of the road.

"Oh my lord, just let me drive" I sigh and switch places with Finney who glares at me.

"I had it! I was just getting used to it!" he argued but I gave him the finger.

"Shush, let the professional handle this" I grin and push down the accelerator.

"Woah! We're going way too fast Y/N!" Billy yells and I just go faster.

"Hey, I think I see the drive in!" Robin shouted and I glimpsed a few lights in the distance.

"You may be right Robin" I say and speed over to the entrance.

"Ok, who looks old enough to sit up and pretend they're driving cus' no offense, Y/N you look 15, not 18" Billy said which made me slam on the brakes. Everyone gasped and I stared at Billy.

"Thanks Billy" I say, slightly offended and I chose Bruce to sit up front since he looked the oldest out of all of us.

"If we just drive by, maybe they won't stop us" Robin whispered and I nodded.

I made my way up to the entrance and at a steady pace, drove into the drive-in.

"Oi! How many kids do you have back there?" a voice yelled, a volunteer worker by the looks of it called over to us from the sides.

Bruce wound down the window and in a low voice he mumbled "Three kids".

The volunteer worker paused and looked at Robin, Finney and Billy who waved and then glanced at Bruce.

I thought we were gonna be caught until finally after what seemed like ages, the volunteer worker nodded, allowing us to go in.

I parked the car in a really good spot and turned around in the seat.

"Anyone want anything from the shop? I can buy you all something" I asked everyone and they nodded.

"Can I get some popcorn and coke?" Robin asked me and I nodded. He went to give me the money but I refused.

"I slammed the door in your face today when you were only trying to ask me a question, consider this a way of saying sorry" I plead and Robin argues with me saying it's fine until he agrees.

"Billy? Do you want anything?" I ask and Billy nods handing me some money.

"Would you be able to get me some nachos?" Billy requested and I nodded.

I turned to Bruce and he was already looking at me.

"Bruce?" I ask the boy who seemed to be deep in thought.

Snapping out of his trance, he shook his head.

"Can I go with you? I don't really go here and I want to see what options they have.." Bruce asked and I smiled.

"Of course!" I grin and Bruce grabs my hand to steady himself before letting himself out of the car.

"Finney, you want anything?" I turn to Finney who was waiting patiently.

"Oh yeah, would you get me a water and cotton candy please?" Finney asked and I agreed, and with that, I set off to the food stalls with Bruce.

[ Bruce's POV ]

I was walking towards the food stalls with Y/N and a mixture of wafting aromas filled the air.

"This looks so cool!" I say in awe, taking in all the colors and people.

Y/N grins. "Yeah! I love going here, the burst of pretty colors really invite you in" she laughed and I smiled at her.

"Anyway, I gotta start getting the food, do you wanna look around and see what you'd like to eat?" Y/N suggested and I agreed.

Y/N went off and away to the food stalls, getting exactly what the rest of the boys asked for.

I walked up to her while she was waiting for the nachos to be done.

"Uh, Y/N, there's so many good options here, I can't pick! So what would you recommend? What's your favorite thing here?" I asked the girl and she tapped her chin in thought.

"Hmm, I think my favorite thing would have to be the pretzels and the slushies! They taste absolutely out of this world! (I'm so sorry if you don't like these! You can change them to whatever you prefer <3)

I smiled and walked away.

I now knew what I was getting. But it wasn't going to be for me.

A/N: I'm so sorry this took ages to come out! I had just finished my first week of school and had been overthinking certain things and my mental health dropped (already T-T)

But I'm back! You'll probably have a new chapter again on Tuesday as I'm quite busy on Mondays :D

Thank you so much for continuously reading this story!

Remember, vote Tristan for president 🫶🏼⁉️