"Oh, alright then." Athelinda decided before leaving with Nicholas.

As they were outside the courtroom, they began walking, Nicholas in the front.

"So, where are we going, Prince Cherry?"

Nicholas shoulders shook a little at the name, but he answered quickly.

"Wherever Princess Banana feels like it."

"Oh, but you seemed to have something you wanted to show me, which is why you wanted me to leave, no?"

"Well. . . I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but the weather is nice and I was hoping we could go for a walk in the gardens." Nicholas slowed down as he spoke, before stopping completely, waiting for the princess's answer.

Athelinda noticed his ears were turning pink. She suppressed a chuckle.

"Gardens sound nice."

Nicholas just nodded before walking again.

They didn't talk for a while, but Athelinda broke the silence. "You go to the Academy as well, right?"

"That's right, pardon me for never coming to greet you."

"Oh no, that's not what I was saying, plus the campus for first years and second years are quite far."

"It's not so far, I'll come meet you if you want."

Athelinda's brain froze for a moment. She looked at Nicholas who was still walking forward and noticed how his feet were speeding up. And then she noticed how pink his neck had gotten.

Ha, it couldn't be? could it?

Athelinda gulped. "Wouldn't that spread needless rumours?"

"Rumours? Like?"

"Like how your father suggested a political marriage between us. If the trial succeeds as well, it will look as if emperor Esteban favoured Obelian's imperial family. Furthermore us meeting on Academy grounds would fuel rumours to spread regarding our friendship." Athelinda explained.

Nicholas's steps slowed down and almost stopped, Athelinda was about to say something, but she noticed they were at the Garden already.

The garden was unlike anything she'd seen in Obelia. A different variety of flowers and plants. Unique leaves and colors. It was truly refreshing, combined with the clear blue sky above it.

"This is. . . breathtaking." Athelinda took a few seconds to stare at it from a far, but Nicholas grabbed her hand and began slowly walking inside.

Athelinda was too busy admiring the flowers and how well they had been taken care of, to notice the expression on Nicholas's face.

He was smiling, but not as he looked at the flowers. He was smiling as he looked at Athelinda.

Their peaceful moment was soon destroyed when they heard a yell from somewhere deeper in the garden.

"My lady! You can't!"

Athelinda and Nicholas shared a glance before carefully speeding to the sound.

"ARE YOU ORDERING ME?!"

Ah, the annoying voice of a dead duck.

"N-No my lady, I would n-never, but you-"

Athelinda and Nicholas appeared at the scene and saw Isabelle inches away from slapping her maid.

Athelinda and Nicholas moved at the same speed, yet it was Nicholas who grabbed Isabelle's hand in time. Athelinda went up to the maid on the ground and asked if she was alright.

Isabelle seemed surprised by their appearance and stepped back a few steps.

Nicholas looked around at Isabelle to notice a few flowers broken from their branches and petals on the ground.

"Your Highness, I-This- it's-"

"Lady Quweez, I don't remember giving you permission to enter the imperial gardens. And I also don't remember allowing you to damage said garden in any way." Nicholas's voice sounded intimidating.

Isabelle's legs began shaking and Nicholas let go of her hand after squeezing it tightly enough to leave some pain.

He turned to see Athelinda, with one knee on the ground, asking the fear-struck maid on the ground about what happened.

Nicholas went to Athelinda and held out a hand to help her stand and looked at her with a questioning look.

"Lady Quweez was taking her frustration out on the flowers and breaking them as she walked through the garden. The maid tried to warn her, but instead was about to be slapped."

Nicholas sighed and Athelinda simply observed him. She didn't know the shy prince had this side to him. The intimidation in his voice and the way his face looked cold. All his previous expressions had disappeared.

"S-So what! They're just flowers!"

◇◇◇◇◇
Vote and Comment!

Btw, what would you guys like more,

Nicholinda

[Nicholas x Athelinda]
[Cherry x Banana]

OR

Athekiel

[Ijekiel x Athelinda]