𝟎𝟐.

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above!

✫彡𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Charlotte would never admit it but she really didn't want to step foot in Mystic Falls. Yes, she missed her friends. Yes, college was awaiting. But so was that feeling, true heartbreak. And the pity. Oh, the pity. She wanted to turn back and leave just as she pictured their faces. Angelina and Paulina knew her more than she knew herself, and they knew that she just needed them there, no words, nothing. As much as she loved the other girls, they couldn't get that.

"Do we really have to?"

Lina pursed her lips together before turning to Charlotte, "No. We are here because I know you really want it," She leaned over, holding the petite girl's hand, "But if that's not how it is anymore, we will leave. It's your choice, and it always will be."

"I want to be here...I miss them, but I don't miss this," Charlotte stated, looking around her as the Forbes vampire parked in front of Whitmore College. She got out of the car slowly and hesitantly as Lina slammed the door shut after her, preventing the Bernard girl from getting back in and running away.

The Gilbert rubbed her forearm in reassurance, "It's over, Charlotte. Silas is gone. Katherine is human, and she is never coming back. There's no more pain and danger. You are here, and only college and incredible years of your life await."

A small smile pulled up on her lips, and she looked from Lina's face to the college's pathway. "And remember, you get to keep me!" Angie enthusiastically clapped, standing in front of Charlotte, "I mean...isn't that just the best college experience ever?"

Charlotte sighed, nodding with a smile. Not-so very excited even though Angelina's presence brought her much-needed comfort.

"If it gets too hard, just get on the first plane to New Orleans," Reminding her, she shrugged, "You know I will always be your safe haven, Cher."

"Can't you be my safe haven here?"

Lina shook her head, "You know I want to, but I can't leave that werewolf girl with Klaus alone, he will mess it up, he always does," She sighed exsaperatedly, "And Elijah is not there to fix it, so someone has to."

She nodded to herself, agreeing, "Yeah, you are right. I will really miss you."

"I will always be a phone call away, and whenever I can, I will be here. I will be supporting you as you become the best architect this world has ever seen," Paulina reassured her, smiling as Charlotte rolled her eyes, "You and I both know it's true."