I slowly shuffled my feet just a little closer to the wooden doors that separated me from the rest of my life. The rest of our lives. Everyone that has died for this, it will all have been worth it in just a few minutes.

Gregory.

My fingers wrapped around the base of my new wand slowly and my shaky hand moved up towards the door knob. Is there a way to kill him without having to do the killing curse? Because truly, those spells don't work if you don't mean them. And no matter how badly I want to do it, I'm not sure my pure heart could.

Vincent.

It's funny to me that at one point stupid shit mattered. That I had materialistic items on that list. Those are my 5 favorite things. They always had been. The only people who have ever been constant in my life.

I couldn't think any longer as I threw the door open and drew my wand.

Draco's POV:

"It's your move now, you fucking dimwit." I slid the board closer to Crabbe as his dopey eyes looked down at the pieces. My patience was running thin. Too thin. I had been working on it around Emelia— I know how much she hates it when I treat her with so much kindness and I rat on other people, but fucking hell, these morons always know how to push me to my limits. "Honestly, the closest your ever going to come to a brainstorm is a fucking drizzle." I huffed, standing from my seat and glancing around at the faces lit by the firelight.

"Where's Emmy?" I questioned, and I could feel my brows knitted together as I looked at the two boys that shrugged their shoulders on the opposite couches. Like I said, they sure know how to thin out my patience.

"You obviously have to fucking know, I watched you follow her out of here." I gestured towards the door as my eyes attempted to burn holes into the side of Zabini's face. Wouldn't that be fun. Laser vision. Hmm. "Well?" I raised my brows.

"I do know." He admitted cooly, and it just pissed me off even more.

"What? Is she upset? Did she ask you not to tell me?" I pressed more questions at him and took a few steps towards his seat. "Did she go to bed already?" I continued. Goyle had now joined Crabbe at the coffee table to replace me in the game we were playing.

"Blaise." I warned him in a hard voice. "Where the fuck is she?" I hated the tone he was using. If something wasn't up he'd have told me by now. They've been fucking plotting. I know they have.

That's one thing that drives me absolutely fucking ballistic about these two, but I never have the heart to tear anything away from Emmy. I was her best friend all of my life. She was mine. I never wanted her ripped away. I even gave them a warning when I first met them not to steal her away.

Yet here we are. And I have to share her with Blaise.

Best friends never keep secrets from one another, but I suppose girlfriends keep secrets from boyfriends. These two are always full of stupid secrets. She always keeps shit from me, and it's so annoying when Blaise plays along.

You never told her you knew about the prophecy all along. That you were working with Potter. That you knew all of this would happen. Should I continue? Seems to me like you're just a jealous-

Oh, fuck off. Like the fucking angel on my shoulder, my subconscious always has to butt in and ruin my thoughts. Funny enough, it's always Emelia's voice in my head that contradicts me. Pretty realistic.

"It's been long enough." He glanced at his watch and stood from his seat. "She must really have a radar on you. She gave it 20 minutes before you noticed, and I think it's only been about 14." He chuckled.

"This isn't funny, what are you hiding?" I pressed. He could see my agitation because he did that stupid thing where he made slow movements like I was a bomb he needed to defuse before it blows up in his face.

"Emelia went to her house-"

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I threw my hands down at my sides and turned my head to the side. If I look at him for another second, I think I'll hex him across the room. "And you let her go?!" I shouted at him.

"There's something she needs you to do. She'll be fine on her own. I trust her and you should too, but she did need your help with something." He ignored my question and continued on with his own sorry excuse for a lecture.

"What?!" I spat at him.

"Alright, maybe take this anger and take it into what I'm trying to ask you to do." He muttered under his breath, and I lost it. I grabbed his shirt collar and before my vision cleared back to normal, I was being held back by Goyle.

I wish I didn't have so much pent up anger. Poor Emelia doesn't deserve it. I'm better. I've been working on getting better. I'm better now. I'm good. I want to be good.

"I'm sorry." I balled my fists up against my eyes and tried to clear my thoughts. "I'm trying to fix myself, I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"Draco, you're fine. You've made a lot of progress— just think, 2 weeks ago I think you would've shot the cruciatus curse at me already." Blaise chuckled to lighten the dark mood that I had built around us.

"What does she need?" I sighed in defeat as I pulled my wand out. The sooner I get out of here and help her, the better.

"For you to kill the snake." He said quickly. I blinked slowly once and widened my eyes at him.

"I'm sorry, I think I've been hanging out with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for too long, my brain can't process your words." I let out a light laugh and looked at Crabbe and Goyle. "What did you say?" I asked him again with an amused grin.

"Nagini. You have to kill Nagini. Or Emmy can't do it." He told me.

"Emelia," I corrected him.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"Emelia. Not Emmy. I hate when you three call her that, it's my name for her." I told him.

"That's what your worried about right now?" Blaise snapped at me. Don't get angry again. "Look, you were one of them. His fucking pets. She knows you know how to do it. Or at least Potter told you how to destroy a horcrux. She said she doesn't care how, but it needs to be done." He told me.

Fuck.

"Fuck." I repeated my thoughts. "Fine." I barked and sped over to the doors.

Emmy, you're going to be the death of me... again.