Chapter 4

"That tournament that Dumbledore mentioned— rumor has it the other schools are showing up today!" Cassie giggled as she jumped up and down on her bed. "What if there's hot boys?! Oh my gosh, I don't stand a chance. They'll all pick you anyway, Em, I know it." She chuckled, tightening her tie and straightening her skirt with her palms.

"Yeah, right." I said sarcastically. "Besides, if you haven't noticed in recent weeks, I'm not interested." I chuckled. She groaned at my behavior and stood from the bed.

"Honestly, every boy throws themselves at your feet and you have yet to accept any of their offers! Go on a date, for Pete's sake!" She encouraged. She grabbed her wand from her dresser and stuck it in her waist band.

"Who in the bloody hell is Pete?" I asked her as I put my earrings in.

"I don't know... It's a phrase or something. Burbage always says it in Muggle Studies." She brushed it off.

"Ahhh, so you're speaking Muggle now. Got it." I nodded my head with an amused look on my face. She sighed as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. We were supposed to be in the Great Hall in 5 minutes to hear some announcements from Dumbledore, hence Cassie's beliefs that the other schools would be showing up.

She wasn't wrong.

Students blocked all of the windows as they watched a carriage led by Pegasus's fly through the air. A large ship surfaced in the Black Lake, making more students cheer as well. Interesting, to say the very least.

Cassie and I walked into the Great Hall where she dropped me off at my place between Draco and Blaise. Before I could utter a single goodbye to her, I felt someone's hands trying to pull my skirt down. I whipped around and looked at Draco angrily.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I hissed at him, throwing myself down on the bench and waiting for an answer.

"Is that last years skirt? The bottom of your ass is practically out!" Draco scolded, his eyes not leaving my lower body, even as I sat on the bench and my butt was fully covered.

"Think her ass just grew, mate," Blaise mumbled with a mouth full of food, causing me to whip around in his direction.

"Blaise!" I shouted, causing his smirk to grow as he chewed his food and shot me a wink.

"Seriously, Emmy! Why are you wearing a skirt that short? What will the boys think?!" Draco asked me with furrowed brows. I turned back around to look at him, but my angry face fell as my eyes got a good look at him.

Things between us hadn't changed. He was still running around behind my back and pretending that he wasn't. I was still crawling into his side every night when I wanted someone to hold me in his bed or the common room. And I acted like this was normal. If I allowed him to pretend there was no one else, then I could feel like there was no one else.

"What?" Draco's voice had turned soft as he looked into my pained eyes. They remained on one spot and one spot only. My stomach felt like it had dropped to the floor when my vision had found the love bites trailing his neck. Before now, the evidence was never visible right before my eyes.

"You are unbelievable." I croaked out, turning so that I was facing forward now. Draco let out a long sigh followed by a series of curses under his breath. "Blaise, switch me seats." I said quickly, causing him to look at me as he chewed.

"No." Draco said harshly, placing his hand on my leg so I couldn't move. I pushed his hand off of me, not wanting anything to do with him at the moment. I stood up and let Blaise slide over on the bench.

I plopped down in his spot and crossed my arms on the table, laying my head down on them and feeling like everything around me was crashing down as I knew it. I'm a bloody idiot. A stupid girl who waits around for the guy, and gets heart broken in the end.