Chapter 2: Reunited

『SUE』

As the curtains of the nightfall slowly closed, the cold, deadly breeze coming from the child of the sea gradually suffocated the boisterous street. Our feet followed the trail of lights, along with the command of the only demigods who personally knew this city. I roamed my sight around. This place was a wonderland and was becoming more magical as dusk slowly came.

"Do you have any reservations in our hotel, Ma'am?" The receptionist asked Serena.

Serena immediately shook her head, "I'm actually here to meet Aicelyn."

Nagdududa kaming tinapunan ng tingin ng babaeng kausap ni Serena't plastik na ngumiti sa kanya. Pa-kunwari pa itong may tinawagan sa telepono't muling hinarap si Serena.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. Ma'am Aicelyn strictly told us not to entertain any fans."

"I'm not a fan."

"I'm sorry, but according to Ma'am Aicelyn's manager, she does not have any appointment right now."

Pinanliitan ni Serena ng mga mata ang babae saka siya umismid, "Listen, I'm not a fan, okay? I am a friend of Aicelyn Gomez. If you don't know me, tell her manager that Serena Madrigal is looking for her."

Aicelyn Gomez?

Serena Madrigal?

The receptionist grimaced, yet she immediately dialed on the telephone once again. "Good evening, Sir Phoenix..."

Sir Phoenix?! Manager?!

What the fuck is going on? Hindi yata ako maka-relate. Sige, pokerface, Sue. Kunwari alam mo ang nangyayari.

"Her name was Serena Madrigal. She said she was Ma'am Aicelyn's friend. Yes, sir. Thank you." Once again, the receptionist looked at us suspiciously as if Serena had told her a stupid lie. "Sir Phoenix, Ma'am Aicelyn's manager, told us that they don't know a woman named Serena Madrigal-"

"Did you just say Serena Madrigal, Sofi?"

Mabilis na lumingon sa gilid ang receptionist kung nasaan nakatayo ang bagong dating na babae na may katulad niyang uniporme. Dahan-dahan na lumingon ang babae aa direksyon ni Serena't gulat na gulat na tinakpan ang kanyang bibig.

"Oh, my! It's really her! Hindi ko agad siya nakilala dahil sa ibang kulay ng buhok niya!"

"Do you know her, Ava?"

"Of course! She's a runaway model!"

"Then..."

Serena heaved a sigh. "I told you, didn't I? I am Aicelyn's friend."

The woman named Ava silently squealed and lightly pushed Sofi out of the way. "Ma'am Aicelyn's unit is on the 26th floor, unit 182."

"Thank you so much, Ms. Ava." Serena smiled. She glared at Sofi and immediately turned her back.

At dahil ako ang malapit sa kanya, ako pa ang hinigit ni bruha papunta sa elevator. Nang makasakay kaming lahat, bumaling ako kay Serena't nagsalita, "Serena Madrigal?"

"That's just a screen name."

"So, pati si Ice ay model katulad mo?"

Serena shook her head, "No. She's an actress."

Artista? Si Ice? Napunta ba ako sa ibang dimensyon, or something?

Ilang beses akong napakurap at lumingon kayna Celine, maging ang pinsan niya ay nanlalaki ang mga mata dahil sa biglaang pag-drop ni Serena ng bomba. "I told you back then, right? Lyn and I liked sneaking around. And this place became our paradise... well for a short time."