THE END TO THAT INVESTIGATION

I received no more texts from that number, but I was still very worried. There was really nobody else my family talked to, so I knew what i had to do. Jake and I went on a trip the next day to Springdale, Utah. We showed up at my parents house and knocked on the door. I had absolutely no regret leaving this place, but I definitely never saw myself coming back. My younger sister Clara opened the door, and gave me the biggest hug ever. I was so happy that I got to see my siblings again, but there was still two people I was dreading seeing. I walked into the house and sat down. They watched me on the news and saw I had became a big superstar. All my siblings came and explained to me what I missed when I was gone. They all got a text saying the exact same thing that I got. Mom and Dad went to jail for 5 more years due to theft and robbery. That didn't really surprise me and I was kind of glad. My brother Luke is a very smart boy. He decided to track the phone the text had came from. And you wouldn't believe it. It was our Mother and Fathers phone number. We were all so confused but I had a pretty good idea of why they did this. I said goodbye to my siblings the next day, and gave them my phone number to keep in touch. They are all over fifteen now, so I told them to move on with their lives. "Are you ready to go Shayla?" Jake said to me as we walked out of the house. But I wasn't, there was one more thing I wanted to do. I went to the county jail and visited two people who I never really thought I would ever talk to again. I talked to both of my parents, and they couldn't believe that I came back. I asked them both the same question and got the same answers. Why did you guys send that text message to your own family and turn yourself in? The answer I got was not surprising. "We didn't want you guys to think we turned ourselves in. That would show weakness and we have already shown enough of that to you guys throughout the years" they responded, both covered in guilt. As I went back home to New York, Jake and I had came up with a plan. Every Christmas my siblings came down to visit us. My life moved on in the best way possible. A year later Jake and I got engaged and had our first born child. My childhood trauma wasn't gonna ruin my life anymore. And that's when I...
PUT AN END TO THAT INVESTIGATION