Chapter Forty-Three

"Shobe, naligo ka na ba?"

Umiling ako habang nags-scroll sa tiktok ko. My hair was still a mess dahil halos kagigising ko lang.

I shook my head. "Why?"

"We have that lunch sa country club today, did you forget?" tanong ni Dad. "Do you want to get a ride with me or your brothers?"

I groaned. "I don't want to watch you guys play golf. It's so boring."

"Well, you won't be watching because you'll be playing with your brothers," ani Mommy na nag-susuot ng hikaw.

"By playing you mean I get to dress up super cute and just pose for pictures, right?!" I grinned. "I'm off to take a bath now!"

Mabilis akong gumalaw patungo sa banyo. It only took me half an hour to take a bath, as compared to my usual which takes an hour and a half. Hindi na rin ako nag-abalang mag-concert sa banyo dahil gusto kong makasabay kina Mommy.

I chose an all white outfit—a simple white polo shirt and a white skirt along with white shoes. I didn't even bother taking a picture of my outfit because Dad was already honking the car.

"I'm here! I'm here! Dad, chill!"

"The one that was honking was your mom."

Tumingin ako kay Mommy na nag-lalaro na ulit sa iPad niya.

"You took too long." She shrugged. "We might as well enlist you in the military, anak. Para naman matuto kang maligo nang mabilis."

"That was fast, Mommy." I sighed. "I made it, didn't I?"

She gave me a look, but laughed. "Hay nako. You took so much time nanaman to look pretty for pictures, you won't play naman."

"Malay mo, Mommy? May mag-turo sa akin bigla na pogi na mysterious na super duper rich."

"Anong pogi pogi? Wala nang papasa sa akin, shobe," ani Dad. "Mas lalo sa mga kuya mo. No way we're letting what happened last time happen again."

"Dad." I rolled my eyes and chuckled as he pulled away from the parking.

The whole trip to the country club was pretty peaceful. The weather was nice, kaya naman naka-dungaw lang ako sa labas. I will always admire Baguio's weather—whether it's in its rainy, foggy state or in its sunny state with its cool breeze. Nothing can ever compare to this.

Although this city holds the most painful memories in my life, and sometimes, I'm scared to even go out of my own home with the fear of bumping into someone I don't want to bump into.. it's still home. It's also the city that holds the most beautiful memories. I still wouldn't trade this for the world.

Ilang beses ko nang sinabi sa sarili ko na gusto ko nang umalis. Gusto ko nalang tumira sa ibang lugar and just.. have a clean slate. I can't even jog around the subdivision without the fear of bumping into one of Z's relatives.. pero kahit anong gawin ko, ito pa rin ang lugar na gusto kong tirahan.

Once we arrived the country club, Dad immediately met with some of his golf buddies, leaving me and Mom with Kuya Zeke's mom, kasi isa sa mga kasama ni Dad yung tatay ni Zeke.

"Hija.. you look so pretty with your hair." Tita smiled at me. "I remember, you were so small running around our lawn noon with your kuyas and si Zeke."

I smiled. "Thank you, Tita! Kayo nga po sobrang glowing, eh. Parang kapatid lang po kayo ni Zeke."

"Hay nako, bolera ka talaga just like your mom!" She laughed. "Speaking of Zeke.. nasaan na ba 'yon? He told me he was waiting for your brothers at Starbucks samay John Hay."