twenty-one

"I'll see you soon?" Colby asked hopeful as he pulled into my apartment parking lot.

I looked at him softly and nodded my head. Ever since we kissed yesterday, we've been super close again.

It's honestly an amazing feeling. "Yeah, I'll text you." I lean over so I could kiss him. Our lips lightly touch, and then we lightly smile.

"Be careful going home." I wish. He looks exhausted from the weekend and driving back in traffic.

He smiles and nods his head. "I will. Bye, Ash." I wave as I get all my stuff and leave. I was going to go shower since I needed it.

I went inside to my empty apartment and took a quick shower. I've been with people so much, it's weird coming home alone.

I miss living with Peyton. After my shower, I quickly did my laundry since I wanted to surprise the boys.

I was going to surprise them since I didn't tell them what time I was coming home.

Once my laundry was done, I got into the car with my extra bag of clothes and head to the garage.

I was staying the night over at Colby's and I was excited. I drive to the garage and pull in once I'm there.

I head straight to the garage knowing that's where the boys are. When I walk in, Logan was strumming on his guitar.

He was sitting on the couch and he seemed into it. The other three boys are playing darts.

"Damn, I thought you guys would be more excited to see me." I frown while grabbing their attention.

They all started smiling whenever they realized I came back. I look over towards Logan to see he had the cheesiest grin on his face.

I could also see a sparkle in his eye that I've never seen before. I suck in a breath while breaking our eye contact.

"Hey, stranger. How was it?" Patrick asked coming towards me. "How beautiful was Harry Styles in person?" Kaiden asked.

We all looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. We shook him off and I went over to sit on the couch.

I started explaining how much I loved going. I explained how even though the traffic was bad and there was a lot of walking, it was fun.

"Who was your favorite?" Nick asked curiously. I thought about it for a moment before answering.

"Probably Billie Eilish. You can tell how much she loved being on stage." I tell them happily.

They loved seeing all the videos and pictures we took when we were there.

"I'm just happy you're back. Logan wouldn't shut up about you being gone the whole time." Nick joked with us.

I looked over at Logan with shock all over my face. He didn't look too happy that he had brought it up.

"He's not wrong though. I miss Ashton, it's weird without her." Kaiden joined in on the mocking.

"Can you two shut the fuck up?" Logan asked clearly aggravated. We quickly change the topic and start talking about what they did.

I really did miss hanging out with the boys, and I'm happy that I got to spend time with them.

After a couple hours, I stood up from the couch. We were all about to leave.

"Anyone got any cool plans?" Kaiden asked curiously. "I'm going over to Colby's." I answer his question.

Logan gives me a strange look while he puts his guitar down. "Didn't you just spend the whole weekend with him?" He asked.

I couldn't tell if he was actually upset or not. "Yeah, so?" I ask a little confused.

The other three boys were quiet while we spoke to each other.

"I don't know, it just seems strange that you want to go right back over there." He tells me.

The way he's talking, I could tell he was actually getting a little upset.

"Well, we are kinda a thing again." I could see him tense up whenever I said that.

The three gasped while watching and luckily, they end up walking away.

He was staring at me, and I could see him trying to figure everything out.

"You're talking to Colby again? Like romantically?" He asked getting a little pissed off.

I don't know why he's getting pissed. He has no reason to be getting mad.

"Yeah, why are you getting mad?" I ask defensively. I've known Logan for months, and I don't think I've ever seen him pissed off.

He's always happy go lucky. "Because Ashton, he broke your heart." His voice was getting more aggravated at the moment.

"He didn't mean it. We were both drunk that night and it was months ago." I defend Colby.

It honestly pisses me off how he's acting like this. "So you're just going to take him back? Just like that?" He asked.

I dropped my jaw in shock while I look at him. "He's been there for me more than you'll ever know." I start to raise my voice.

"And I haven't?" He yelled. I took a step back so I could look at him better.

"What does that even mean?" I ask confused. I couldn't put the pieces together.

He sighs in defeat, shaking his head in the process. "You wouldn't even understand." I could hear the sadness and defeat in his voice.

He grabbed his keys and started to head towards the door. "Logan, wait." I tried to stop him but it was already too late.

He was already gone. I sigh in defeat while I stand there, not knowing what to do.

The boys all pop their heads in to check on me. "Are you okay?" They ask nicely.

I feel so bad for that awkward moment they probably heard. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry you guys had to hear that." I apologize.

They all slowly walk in. "Just try to hear him out, okay?" Kaiden told me cautiously.

I didn't know what he meant, but I figured I could agree. We all share our goodbyes and make our separate ways.

I drive the very short distance to the boys house and get out of my car when I park.

I grab my bag full of stuff and walk right in. Colby told me he was resting in his room so I went straight there.

I opened the door to see him sitting on his couch. He heard me come in so he turned over and smiled towards me.

He studied my face for a moment and sat up a little bit. "Are you okay? You look stressed." He frowned towards me.

I just sigh. I sit my bag down while I sit down next to the brunette. I look Colby in the eyes, instantly feeling calm.

"Logan and I got into a fight." I frown towards him. He furrows his eyebrows towards me.

"What about?" He asked curiously. I debated on telling him we fought about him.

But I didn't want to hide anything from him. "You." He looked at me in shock for a moment.

I could tell he was thinking for a moment. The more he thought about it, the more I could see his jaw clench.

"Colby." I say worriedly. His eyes meet me again. "If he was talking shit, please let me beat his ass." He threaten.

I rose my eyebrow towards him. "You're not beating his ass, he's still my friend. I hope." I whisper the last part.

He rolled his eyes towards me. "You're so oblivious." I furrow my eyebrows towards him.

"Oblivious to what?" I ask. He looks at me like I should've understood what he was saying.

"Oblivious to his feelings for you."