II : New Beginnings

En başından başla

"I will take that as a compliment."

"I have one question for you. Why do you keep doing what they ordered?"

"To get myself killed."

The agents stopped what they were doing and looked at her. They didn't know what to say or do. Irmina gave out a soft chuckle and started to pick on her fingers. Natasha looked down at her hands as Maria cleared her throat, signalling everyone to go back to work. Clint went back to flying the jet. Maria made sure her agents were doing the right things. Natasha placed her hand on Irmina's to stop her from hurting herself.

"You had no choice."

"I did," Irmina sighed as she leaned her head onto the wall of the jet. She shut her eyes, not wanting to be spoken to anymore. She moves her hands, getting rid of the warmth Natasha's hand provides. Irmina drifts off to sleep, avoiding everything.

"King, we're here," Natasha nudged her awake. Irmina frowned when she heard Natasha use her blood-covered name. Irmina stood up as two agents waited for her. Clint, Maria and Natasha stood in front of her as the two agents stood beside her and the rest behind her.

Fingers tapping furiously on the table, in morse code, it translated to "Death with Honour." Irmina was bored out of her mind. She stayed cooped up in the interrogation room for so long. Irmina looked at the cuffs and chains, knowing she could break them. She pulled hard on her chain, and it broke. She looked at the surveillance camera, showed them her cuffs and broke them with one swift pull.

On the other side of the camera, Maria and Natasha smirked, impressed, while Fury scoffed in disbelief, and Clint tried hard to hold back his smile.

He did like her, after all.

Irmina perked up when she heard the door open. The Director and his second entered with files in their hands.

Finally, she can get out of this room to a bed, maybe a bed.

"Care to remove the mask?" Fury asked, still standing as Maria locked the door.

"Not unless you want me to kill you. Very few get to stay alive after they see my face. The whole ordeal," Irmina dished out as she nodded over to the cameras. Fury glanced at Maria and nodded as she switched off the cameras; only the audio could be heard from the interrogation.

"How about now?" Fury asked, still polite. Irmina removed her mask and smiled at the two, who were taken aback by her beauty. Irmina was like a goddess, from her face to her body to her voice. Everything about her appearance was perfect.

"Irmina König, born on the third of October 1923. Am I right?" Maria confirmed as they took a seat; the Commander received a nod from the Assassin. Irmina realised that even her files didn't have a picture of her. "You are nicked named 'King', is that right?" She nodded in confirmation.

"There's not much to question you, to be frank." Fury voiced as he watched Irmina closely with his remaining eye. Irmina gave him a small smile, maintaining eye contact with the Director. "So why did you turn yourself in?"

"Got tired."

"What do you want?" Fury questioned.

"Use my specific skill set for the better or return to Japan."

"Agent Romanoff said that you had a choice."

"Right. I can choose not to kill the targets, but they will be eliminated sooner or later. Or maybe they would have lived a long life. We can't find that out now, can we? Or I could have killed myself, and more people would have lived, but for some reason, I couldn't do it." Maria clenched her jaws as she watched Irmina closely as Fury gave her no chance of emotions on his face. Or so he thought. "If I failed any missions, I would get tortured, my mind getting fucked by them and memories gone. So to save myself, I execute my missions. All of them. I try to give them a quick and painless death."