II : New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

Her brain was finally able to think correctly. Then, finally, she recognised who had woken her up.

"Bad day?" Irmina coughed as she rubbed the back of her head.

Natasha exhaled with a smile and replied, "would be better if you showed me the rest of your face."

"No can do, Angel. That would lose my charm," Irmina chuckled as she helped the agents. "Sorry, I thought you were them."

"Hydra?" Clint stated with his aim still on her. Maria pushed his bow down, and when he didn't budge, she ordered him to stand down. Natasha held onto the katanas tighter; she wanted to ensure she was back. "I thought they were gone?"

"Yep, sorry. Damn, they put me in a cave instead. Well—there's a few. Might be gone, not sure." Irmina stretched herself as she eyed her katanas in Natasha's arm. Irmina smiled, remembering that Natasha kept the words. "Thank you for keeping your word and getting me out, Black Widow."

"Ah, we're even now, King." Natasha teased while Clint and Maria watched their interaction, very amused. They were very compatible; this was the first time Natasha enjoyed talking to another person.

Even better, flirt.

Maria cleared her throat, getting her agents to work while Natasha handed Irmina her katanas with her classic smirk, and Clint went out to the jet. Irmina went to her box of things and checked for something to wear. She was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck and military trousers, so she was freezing. Her mask still on. Irmina slid her jacket and gloves, trying to find some shoes. After digging, she found some combat boots under her files. Natasha stood beside her, watching her put her shoes on.

"What's so interesting about me wearing my shoes?" Irmina asked while Natasha shrugged, slightly amused at the assassin. "I think you guys might want to bring this with you. It's everything you can know about me. I think." Irmina stopped the agents and took out a few photographs from her files.

"What did you take?" Natasha pestered, but Irmina just shrugged and followed Maria to the Quinjet. "King!"

"Irmina. Irmina König."

"Okay, Irmina, show me what you took."

"Das nächste Mal, Engel."

Irmina handed Natasha her katanas and her jacket, knowing full well that they would arrest her right when she left the jet. Natasha was the only one she trusted with her things. But she doesn't fully trust her.

Not yet.

Irmina showed her hands to one of the agents and waited for him to cuff her. The agent was confused and looked at his teammate for help. Irmina chuckled under her breath as she watched the confused faces of the agents.

"Cuff me."

"Oh!" The agent looked over to his commander, and she gave her a nod. His friend handed him the cuffs, and he put them on her wrist. Maria and Natasha laughed as they panicked a little while Clint held back his. He grew fond of her within the hours they spent together on the Quinjet, as did everyone on the jet. "Sorry."

Irmina smiled as she sat back down beside Natasha. They had an hour left before reaching the Headquarters. Natasha spends a good five minutes checking her out. Irmina couldn't help but smile at the Russian. That small notion told Natasha that she had been caught staring.

"So 1923," Clint voiced, trying to get to know her more.

"Yep, I'm old."

Clint wanted to ask more, but Maria stopped him. "Let's keep it for interrogation." Irmina nodded, thankful for the Commander, as her attention turned to her files that were being organised. There's no way she can walk free after this. But even if she's in prison, she will escape it anyway. "He wants to recruit you. Your skills are better to be used than to be wasted."