The Gods Are Real?

Sitting up a bit dazed, Alessia saw a black haired girl wielding a shield and a spear, and Grover, one of her friends

The girl ran forward and shouted, "For Zeus!"

Alessia didn't have time to think about the girl, because one of Dr Thorn's thorn's came flying at the girls head, and would have missed her had Bianca not yanked her out of the way. Suddenly, a blonde haired girl appeared from thin air.

"Who are you people?" Alessia demanded, shoving her siblings behind her. "And what is that?"

"A manticore!" Nico cried in excitement. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

Alessia covered her brothers mouth, as she watched the black haired boy, Percy, try to fight the thing. Every now and then, Percy would look over at Alessia and her siblings, though his eyes mostly stayed on Alessia.

"Get down!" The black haired girl pushed the Di Angelo siblings flat into the snow.

At the last second, Percy seemed to remember his own shield. He hit his wristwatch, and metal playing spiraled out into a thick bronze shield. Not a moment too soon. The thorns impacted against it with such a force they dented the metal. The beautiful shield was dented badly, and Alessia felt sorry for the boy.

Alessia heard a thwack and a yelp, and Grover landed next to Percy.

"Yield!" The monster roared.

"Never!" The punk girl yelled from across the field.

She charged the monster and Alessia clutched her siblings tightly. Shoving Nico and Bianca's faces into her chest, she clenched her eyes shut as she listened to the fight.

" 'Lessie I'm scared." Bianca whispered.

"It'll all be okay." Alessia said pushing her glasses up her nose. "It's okay."

She hugged her siblings tighter, trying to cover their ears. She looked up briefly and was shocked when she saw a large group of girls.

"Permission to kill, my lady?"

The monster wailed as he yelled, "This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws!"

"Not so," said one of the girls. "The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast. Zoë, permission granted."

"If I can not have these alive, I shall have them dead!" The monster lunged at Percy and the punk girl, the two dazed and confused, but the blonde girl lunged forward and yelled, "No!"

"Get back half-blood!" The girl, Zoë, said. "Get out of the line of fire!"

But the girl jumped onto the manticore's back, digging the knife she had into his mane.

"Fire!" Zoë ordered.

"No!" Percy screamed.

The girls all fired bow and arrows at the monster. They began to hit him everywhere, but he turned and said, "This is not the end! I will have my revenge!"

He then jumped off the cliff, the girl still on his back.

"Annabeth!" Percy cried, surging forward.

Alessia watched in horror at the sight. She couldn't believe what she was watching.

"Mortals," The auburn haired girl said. "are not allowed to witness my hunt."

She thrust out her hand, and the helicopter turned into a murder of ravens. Alessia stood with her siblings, helping them dust the snow off the two of them. She tried to listen to the conversation, but only heard, "I am Artemis, goddess of the Hunt."

Turning back to everyone, Alessia scanned the group. They were all talking, and Alessia felt as if she needed to cut in to get some answers, "Whoa, hold on. Time out."

Everyone turned to her. Alessia glanced at all of them as Bianca and Nico clutched her hands and hid behind her. "Who...who are you people?"

Artemis's expression softened. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, who are you? Who are your parents?"

Percy watched as Alessia's face faltered. She clutched her siblings hands, hiding them behind her, shielding them from Percy and the group. Percy felt his heart ache at the thought. Alessia thought she had to protect her siblings from them.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca spoke up. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."

She faltered, and hid behind her sister again.

"What?" Alessia demanded, glaring at all of them. "She's telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoë said. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian...athlete?"

"No, one of the gods."

"Cool!" Nico cheered.

"No!" Alessia snapped. "This is not cool!"

Nico danced around, clearly in his own world. "Does Zeus really have lightening bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for-"

"Nico, shut up!" Bianca said.

"Both of you, stop it!" Alessia turned and looked at her siblings, her eyes showing clear distress, making Percy and everyone else feel sorry for her. "Nico, this is not one of your Myth-O-Magic games. Bianca, there's no need to be so mean to him. Besides, listen to me, there are no gods."

Percy looked at Thalia, and the girls face softened. "Alessia, I know it's hard to believe. But the gods are still around. Trust ms. They're immortal. And whenever they have kids with regular humans, kids like us, well...Our lives are dangerous."

"Dangerous," Bianca said. "like the girl who fell?"

Thalia looked away, and Alessia gave her a scolding look.

"Do not despair for Annabeth," Artemis said. "She was a brave maiden. If she can be found, I shall find her."

"Then why won't you let us go look for her?" Percy whined.

"She is gone. Can't you sense it, Son of Poseidon? Some magic is at work. I do not know exactly how, or why, but your friend has vanished."

Alessia felt sorry for the boy. He seemed awful close to the girl, Annabeth. She didn't know what it was like to lose a friend, mostly because she couldn't remember if she ever had any, and she never made any at school, but she could still sympathize with him. She tuned out, and listened as her siblings explained the strange things they'd encountered.

A half-blood.

Alessia was reeling with so many questions. She didn't know where to start.

Then a voice called, "Alessia?"

The black haired girl turned her attention to her sister, who was looking at her with a worried expression. She rested a hand on her older sisters shoulder, Nico holding onto her wrist tightly. "Are you okay? You zoned out again."

"I..." Alessia knew fine wasn't the best word to use, but it was the only word. "I'm fine. I just was trying to process everything."

Bianca nodded slowly and gestured towards the goddess who watched the older Di Angelo girl with interest. "She wants to speak with us."

Alessia nodded, telling Nico to go sit with Grover. She began to follow her sister, but when she walked past Zoë, she caught a smell of something foul. The strange smell was back. It was faint, but it was there. She tried to push it to the back of her mind though, not questioning why she could smell it on Bianca as well.