Funny story (Was almost eaten by giant squid)

Start from the beginning

"Oh god."

"Ronin tried to stop them, lost his eye and his soulmate."

I stood in shock for a few moments, staring up at Ronin's photograph. I had to apologise to him, sure I didn't know at the time, and I'd already apologised, but this new information made me feel guilty... and a little bit sick.

R.E.X shook slightly and we were submerged in water. I heard a quiet whimper from behind me, after turning around I was greeted by Kai's terrified expression. I had kind of forgotten that he was afraid of water, the topic hadn't been brought up since it had been dismissed on our first venture into Stiix.

"You okay?" I asked him in a hushed tone, I was unsure of how the others would treat him given the borderline aggressive banter the Ninja frequently used.

He nodded hesitantly, his eyes looking over my shoulder at the glass separating us all from a watery death (and subsequent grave).

"Stop looking out the window." I suggested.

"Can't. I mean, I want to, but I can't." He muttered, still completely transfixed on the very thing causing his plight.

I turned to look out at sea myself. It was mostly dark, the lights on R.E.X could only illuminate so much given that they were pointed in front of the ship, and we were currently looking out the side. I am not so afraid of the ocean, not as much as Kai anyhow. It was a little unsettling to think too long about how vast the ocean is, and how little of it we (as a species) have explored. The idea of the ocean basically being a graveyard for lost sailors and boat passengers was also a little creepy, and genuinely upsetting, of a thought. But, the ocean has its own special beauty to it.

We both stood, staring into the vast, deep blue of the sea. Admittedly, we looked a tad strange. But it was just so mesmerising, even with all these horrible thoughts that it brought up.

Zane's voice broke our hypnosis, "We're almost to the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."

Had I really been staring out for that long?

"I can't believe we're almost there, after all we've been through." Cole said, giving us all a moment to revel in our achievements, and impending success.

"I can't believe I'm under water..." Kai mumbled with a grimace, having walked up to the others, away from the window.

A sudden thought sprung to my mind, one which I didn't think to stop myself from voicing, "How thick do you think the glass is?" Nya shot me a disapproving look, possibly because I was not helping with the possible panic attack it could cause Kai.

"Sorry." I whispered.

I hadn't noticed that the adults had been on a call with us the entire time, my attention being diverted by the window and all.

Wu began to speak solemnly, his face now visible on the screen, "We're heading to your location now. With Morro ahead of you and able to foresee the traps protecting the tomb with the Sword of Sanctuary, it's going to be up to you to find the Realm Crystal before he does."

"Heh, [Y/n]'s not trained, Kai can't swim, we have no magical sword or elemental powers," Jay forced a laugh, "What could go wrong?"

"Am too, but yeah, we're boned."I corrected him, I knew Spinjitzu that was enough to qualify me, in my books.

Misako ignored us and started speaking, "I may not know the three tests you're about to face, but I discovered a riddle that makes reference to it that may help: A Spinjitzu Master can. A Spinjitzu Master can not. To move forward don't look ahead, to find his resting spot."