All this learnin' is making me dizzy.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I thought someone should tell you before you found out yourself and freaked out."

I stood, almost knocking the chair to the floor, "I am going to get a nice coffee of drink, do you want one?"

"Yeah sure, you better not be freaking out."

Backing away towards the kitchen, I shook my head furiously, "No ma'am, not at all."

Nya laughed, "Okay, I take my coffee black by the way."

Thinking back to the first time I'd met Zane, I knew his eyes were too bright to be human. The kitchen was empty when I got there and flipped the kettle on. Placing the cups on the counter created noise, and now someone was in the doorway.

"Ooh, are you making coffee?" Cole asked.

"Yes."

"Make me one? You know, 'cus I was up all night." He tried his best to plead with me, batting his eyes.

"Join the club." I reluctantly took out another cup and dumped a spoonful of coffee into it.

He joined me at the counter, "Why didn't you sleep?" Concerned, he was concerned for my wellbeing.

"I can't... I just keep- keep hearing his voice, telling me to run away. He was so scared, Cole, but he made sure I was safe first." I looked up into his eyes, sincere and brown, looked back.

"[Y/n]," He placed his hands on my shoulders, "What is it going to take for you to stop blaming yourself?"

I crumbled into his hold, "L-Lloyd. I need him to tell me that, that everything is okay. I need to hear his voice."

Cole hugged me and I sobbed into his shoulder, "I'm sorry [Y/n], I can't... I can't do that for you." His voice cracked. I pulled away and looked at him.

"I'm sorry for making you cry..."

He sniffed, "Don't worry about it. It's just that, he's my little bro. We'll get him back, just you wait."

I nodded, the kettle had finished boiling now. Pouring the water with my shaking hands I piped up once more, "Nya told me, that you're older than me. That you're all older than me. Oh and that Zane's a nindroid, so I'm all clued up now."

He took his coffee, adding a little milk, "We weren't supposed to tell anyone, and Nya is great at keeping secrets. How did you get that out of her?" He was amused.

"I caught her off guard by asking other questions."

"What other questions?"

"I asked her what Darkleys was." I brought my cup to my lips.

"And, how did you know about Darkleys?" I choked on my coffee, shit. Caught red-handed [Y/n].

"I- erm," His eyebrow raised, "I... Okay, in my defence I didn't know it was a diary!"

Now it was his turn to spit out some coffee, "You read Lloyd's diary? I am so telling him." He smirked.

"You wouldn't... Oh god, you totally would. I need to deliver this coffee to Nya, goodbye good sir."

"I wouldn't... In exchange for a crisp £20."