Chapter 15: The Rooftop.

"After a brief discussion with the teachers, we have settled on these matchups for the third round." Sir Topham Hatt announced as the teachers then reviled the list on the same wall.

Third Round Matches

Thomas Billinton VS Petra Stone

Gordon Gresley VS Johnson Churchward.

"As you can see, we selected Henry Stanier as the main competitor for the final round. The one who is victorious out of these four students will then go ahead and face him. Now with the tournament coming closer and closer to a close, we're going to give the students one extra break before having to go and duel again. So, SMA students who are to fight, you have an hour."

The sounds of people clapping were heard across the arena, as the remaining five began to exit the arena for a bit and check out the booths again. Thomas walked slowly throughout the festival's area trying to collect his thoughts. 

"My next fight is going to be with Lady." He said mentally. "Even with that ten-year gap, we know each other's moves and tricks very well and practically have them ingrained in our memories." He then thought back to his fight with Allen. "Diamond's Last Breath is still unpredictable, but if my previous fight with Allen showed anything, it's that I'm getting better control with the Sword-Spell Charging-Flight. Knowing Lady, she's going to use Darting-Flash during the tournament. With it being based off of Charging Flight, I know that she's going to be incredibly fast. Winning isn't my main concern for this fight, it's giving Lady a duel to remember that I'm more concerned about. If I utilize Charging-Flight during it, it may help achieve that. But the real question is, how long will I last? And could I even handle enough control over Charging-Flight to ensure that I don't severely hurt her or worse yet, kill her? Lady is everything to me, and if I am to duel her, I want her to enjoy it."

Thomas let off a sigh as he then took a drink from his canteen of water. Even though he was excited to have a good match with Lady, he was still stressed about it. For with how they know each other's moves so well, he knew that it was going to end up being a contest of endurance. If he and Lady were to both have a good time, he had to really draw things out, and go 110% with her. More if possible. 

Glancing at the arena, Thomas began to make his way back to it, to prepare for his fight ahead. 

Within her chambers of the arena, Lady was busy warming up for the fight ahead. Holding her rapier as she normally did, she pierced the training target with no flaws. 

"You look busy." 

Lady turned round and saw Emily standing at the doorway. 

"Not really. Just getting ready for the next match." Lady let off a sigh, as Emily then sat down next to her. "When we were little kids, Thomas and I often dueled a lot. Even being as young as we were, we were dedicated to our bond as well as our magecraft. Thinking about it some more, I can't help but wonder if something may go wrong during our duel today. Unlike those previous times, our swords aren't wood and we are used to using more intense spells in battle. The risk of one of us accidentally harming the other is greater now."

"I wouldn't worry about it," Emily replied kindly. "If anything, I'd bet Thomas came across that realization too and considered the damage he could do. However, Lady, you want to enjoy this fight, don't you? Then stop worrying about what could go wrong and only focus on the present situation. Make it the best duel that the both of you ever had."

A small smile cracked between Lady's lips as she then sheathed her rapier. 

"I'll do my very best to, Emily." She replied. "I don't care which one of us wins, if the fight is as thrilling as Thomas and I hoped it to be, that's all that matters."