Chapter 4: The Gentleman and the Contract.

After the raid, Lady decided to back with the Billintons to their place. Emily, who knew of the present situation, promised to let her parents know so they wouldn't worry. Upon arriving, Howard gasped in shock upon seeing Lady who he instantly recognized. When dinner was finally made, Lady couldn't help but tell the tale.

"Our fight was fierce, but it wasn't impossible. With one last attack from Mrs. Billinton, and then one from me, Thomas did the final blow on the Kobold's leader with his favorite Sword-Spell, Bladed Wing. Heh! I even saw him ginning as he performed it. You must really love it, huh Thomas?"

Thomas sighed as finished his present sip of water. He was a bit embarrassed but happy all the same to have Lady back in his life. 

"Well, yeah. I do. I-I mean, who wouldn't want to have the thrill of basically flying through the air with a partial summersault?! I find that fact to be very fun with Bladed Wing."

"Heh! I certainly can't argue with that." Howard chuckled. "Well anyway, enough of the scary stuff, it's truly wonderful to see you again, Petra Stone."

"You too, Mr. Billinton." Lady complied with a smile. "I'm so happy to see you all again, as well as Thomas. Those days we spent on Muffle Mountian, they're all so special to me. Even if we're far from Muffle Mountian, I want to have those kind of days again. To continue further with Thomas as mages and Swordsmen. Much like I did back then."

A smile cracked between Thomas's lips as he then took in Lady's words. Grasping her hand, she looked at her and gave her a cheerful grin. Lady did the same back, with her and the teenage boy unaware of the heart-warmed looks of Howard and Tanya. Though the 15-year-olds didn't know it at the time, the adults could see a far stronger bond forming between them in the future. A bond not as friends, but something much more. Something far more sweet and tender. 

As the night continued to fall, Lady, Via message Hawk, received permission from her parents to spend the night at the Billinton Residence. Wanting to be sure that it was no dream, Lady insisted that she sleep on the floor in Thomas's room. Though hesitant, Tanya and Howard agreed, guessing that a lot of her dreams over the past decade had tortured her. Once changing in separate rooms, Lady smiled happily as she snuggled within her blanket. 

"My goodness, it's been so long since we've been like this."

"Yeah," Thomas replied with a sigh. "Although, the next time you come and spend the night here, you are taking my bed while I take the floor. No offense, but I feel awfully impolite for you sleeping on the hard ground."

Lady giggled at Thomas's statement. 

"Oh, Thomas! It's quite alright. I know how much of a gentleman you really are. You would never be intentionally impolite. Uh-well, unless they have been themselves. B-but still! Don't worry! I still think you're very sweet. No matter what happens, I promise, that I will be sure to stay by your side and always be there for you. You have nothing to fear."

Seeing her outstretched pinky, Thomas wrapped it within his own, sealing a promise with her much like he did many times in the past. Both falling asleep, Thomas and Lady had broad smiles on their faces. 

Since that very night, Thomas and Lady began to train together and spend a serious amount of time with one another in hopes of making up for the years they lost. No matter where they were in the village or if Lady's fans tried to spot her, Burnett, Tasha, Howard, and Tanya were not once worried. On one particular morning, Thomas awoke cheerful as he has ever been since his reunion with Lady. Without hesitation, he got completely dressed in his usual clothes and swiftly came downstairs. 

"Morning, mother!" 

"Ah! Thomas! You look happy today!"

Thomas's smile only got broader.