Chapter 9: Inner Troubles.

Springing out of his sudden sleep, Thomas found himself back in the dorm room where he collapsed earlier that morning. Lady, who was deeply concerned practically pounced on him as he felt her arms wrap around him.

"I'm alright." He spoke gently as he found himself brushing her back tenderly. This gesture caused him to go into a deep state of thought, as Mr. C and everyone else looked on with concerned looks.

"Are you sure that you're feeling alright, Thomas?" The teacher pressed out of question.

"Yes." Thomas simply said, breaking from his thoughts. "I just have quite a bit of information to process. As of what, I'll report privately with you later. Right now, I need to gather and organize my thoughts."

They left it at that, as everyone but Lady left the room. Taking a small glance at her, Thomas tenderly wiped away the tears that were in Lady's eyes as he took in the sensation of her face. It was practically flawless, with a very soft texture that was similar to her hands.  He then gazed at her hair and face longingly as she then took notice of this.

"Uh, Thomas? H-how l-long a-are y-you g-going t-to l-look at me f-for?" A deep crimson blush came across her face, as Thomas found one creeping on his too. He instantly felt bad.

"Uh! Oh! S-sorry!" He simply said before looking shyly away. Had Lady known what Iaspis had asked him before he woke up again, she'd probably be laughing her head off with this, but since she didn't she grew worried.

"What's gotten into him?" She thought. "He was never THIS shy with me before."

She won't get an answer for Thomas was awfully quiet after that moment. Thinking it was as he said, she gave him as much room to collect his thoughts as she could possibly give. That night, Thomas had a dream that would perhaps change his fears and perception forever.

In a space, a mansion that only the most powerful of mages would have on the Mainland, Thomas found himself walking about, shivering unhappily for it was all too familiar.

"Oh darn it! What am I doing back here?"

He glanced about finding a hallway that was blocked by a sheet of glass.

"What's this doing here?" He asked himself out loud. Unaware of the massive fright he was going to have.

He stepped towards the glass and gasped in shock as he saw two familiar adults bloodied and dismembered and disintegrating.

"MUM! DAD! NO!!!"

His eyes darted towards the placement in front of them and a certain girl with long golden hair kneeled at her own mercy while Horace and Lucia edged closer to her. They raised their swords and did the one thing that Thomas would fear most.

"SLASH!!!"

Upon witnessing the blood fly onto the glass wall, Thomas screamed in fright as he jolted from his bed all awake. Lady who heard it darted to his room, seeing him shivering and crying.

"Thomas! What happened?!"

Thomas said nothing as he felt the dream stain deeply into his mind. Lady noticed the violent tears in his eyes and could tell that he had quite the fright. So, tenderly she crept into his bed and wrapped him between her arms.

"Hey. I'm here." She cooed. "I won't leave you like this, never will. Don't worry, Thomas. I'll make sure that you'll never have such a fright again."

"But how can I ensure that nothing bad ever happens to you?" Thomas then uttered after Lady fell back asleep. "Especially in a moment where I'm so helpless?"