she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. catching me off guard, my hands flew to her waist but i almost immediately removed them and her.

" i told you we'd get back together. " Grace said, her smile brighter than ever.

" i mean technically you forced me but i guess. " i replied, looking away from her.

" well when you put it like that. " she responded while laughing.

" i gotta get going, i'll see you around. "

i began walking away from her and saw gaten sitting on a bench not too far away, watching the whole interaction.

i stuck up my middle fingers at him. " fuck you honestly. "

he stood up and we walked towards the guys dorm. "how was the kiss? "

i scrunched my nose and gagged. " don't ever say that again. i need a shower now. "

once it hit ten, gaten had decided to head back to his own dorm. i sat in the living room with caleb as we finished up dinner. i walked into the kitchen to clean my plate as someone knocked on the door.

it was silent for a few seconds before i spoke up. " you expecting anyone? "

caleb looked at me and shook his head. " nope. "

i looked through the peephole and began opening the door.

" hey- " i started but soon stopped myself once i realized taylor walked inside and upstairs.

" goodnight caleb. " taylor spoke in a low tone, reaching the top of the stairs and turning the corner.

caleb and i looked at each other and i ran my hand over my face. i said goodnight to him as well and headed towards my room.

once i entered, i noticed that taylor was in the bathroom with the shower running.

i tapped the door lightly. " love? you okay? "

i heard a light sniffle, then she spoke. " yeah. just gonna shower. "

i leaned my forehead on the door, closing my eyes. " alright well i'm here if you wanna talk. "

i headed to the bathroom in the hallway, brushing my teeth. i was confused as to why taylor is feeling down or upset. i kept thinking until i entered the room again, sitting on my side of the bed with my phone in my hands.

i began to get comfortable about fifteen minutes later. once i heard the bathroom door open, i turned my head to look at taylor with sympathy.

she turned off the light and climbed into bed next to me, burying her face into my chest. i closed my phone and wrapped my arm around her, and soon started playing with her hair.

i took in her scent and smiled to myself. " what's wrong hon. "

she sighed, not moving an inch. " i don't know. "

i took in a deep breath and let it out softly. " i understand, don't worry. "

she didn't say anything after that, she just hugged me tighter and i held her closer. i played with the chain around my neck, remembering how excited taylor was to give it to me for my birthday.