forty.

" i think you guys must've hit your head together while sleeping. " the ems worker, ethan, said as he patched my head up. finn was already done and standing near by while everyone else watched.

" i'm still confused on who called you guys here. " gaten spoke while yawning. " did you have the right address? "

" yes, the lady on the phone sounded like she was in trouble. she kept saying how her boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer, that he's been.. hurting her. " ethan replied, adding the last touch up to my cut.

i tried looking at my friends without moving my head much but i'm pretty sure we had the same reactions.

once he was done with me, i looked at the other ems worker who looked weirdly familiar.

" do i know you? " i asked the tall, buff man. his hair was short and dark brown, his skin was a nice warm caramel color. his eyes were a deep blue, locking his gaze in with me.

his head turned to me and he thoughtfully studied my features, a small smile appeared on his face. " my name is jason, pretty sure i checked you out couple weeks ago. "

the night with parker came flooding into my memories, i remember him giving me a card if i ever needed someone to talk to.

my eyes lit up. " yes, i remember now. you were really nice. "

he flashed a bright smile, showing his pearly white teeth. " i appreciate that taylor. "

" you remember my name also? " i giggled, looking at my friends but when my eyes landed on finn, he had a cold look on his face.

" yeah, how could i forget? your taylor evans. " he added, fixing his shirt. also as if he was flexing his muscles.

" thank you both for tending to our needs. " finn spoke, his tone serious and deep. his face showed no emotion whatsoever. " it's pretty late and we have class tomorrow. "

once the two ems workers left, we all sat back in the living room quietly. there was tension in the air and it confused me, did i do something wrong?

" they were nice, right? " i said, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

" yeah, a little too nice. " finn stated, scrolling on his phone.

" what? " i questioned, turning my attention to him.

" my name is jason, pretty sure i checked you out a couple weeks ago. " finn replied, mocking the paramedic. " casual flirting. "

i raised my eyebrows, sort of shocked. " who was flirting because it definitely wasn't me. "

finn sarcastically chuckled and rolled his eyes. i grabbed him by his hand and pulled him upstairs. finn's eyes were dark and cold, i couldn't read his facial expression's at all again.

" what happened? " i asked, slightly looking up at the man in front of me. " i wasn't— "

" this is the second time he's flirted with you right in front of me. " finn answered, staring right into my eyes. " if he knows who you are then he most certainly knows who i am but yet he still flirts anyways and you let it happen! "