twenty four.

millie played music as we waited for the others to get here. grace changed into more comfortable clothes and waited downstairs with us in the living room. i was in the kitchen helping sadie make drinks and taking out shot glasses.

there were snacks and drinks for everyone to enjoy. millie bought some colorful lights to hang around the living room to make it more.. party like? i don't know, her words. but they looked cool, it really set the mood.

i made my way back to the living room and joined grace in dancing to need to know by doja cat. shes been such a mood lately. millie rolled around on the floor laughing at us while recording.

i was too busy singing and dancing with grace, that i didn't even see sadie open the door for finn, caleb, jack and noah. they didn't make a sound until the song was over when they started clapping.

grace and i turned around faster than you can blink, in complete embarrassment.

" please tell me you weren't there the whole time. " i begged.

all of them laughed and finn spoke. " yeah babe, we saw everything. you guys did a good job though. "

" sadie! " i exclaimed, laughing.

" it was a really good show! i couldn't be selfish and not let the guys watch. " she replied giggling.

" hey i'm not a bad dancer so i didn't mind. " grace said, taking a bow.

" as you should. " caleb said, high fiving grace. " the others should be here soon. "

" good. i'm ready to get the night started. " millie groaned.

" why do we have to wait for them? " finn questioned. " let's just start taking shots and they'll show up when they do. we told them not to be late. "

we all nodded our heads in agreement and walked towards the table in the kitchen where everything was. jack carefully filled up the shot glasses, they were all different colors and glow in the dark.

i looked at grace skeptically. " do i have to watch over— "

before i could finish my sentence, sadie cut me off. " i'll watch after her. it's your birthday, you deserve to have fun. " ( a/n: i'm not saying i do or don't condone underage drinking but i was 17 once and drinking. but if you are underage & drinking, please drink responsibly & stay safe! <3 )

" she's right. " jack cut in. " happy birthday tay. "

everyone rose their glasses and we clinked them together. seconds later, the clear liquid left a burning sensation in my throat but i didn't mind it.

after about five minutes the doorbell rang, so i quickly rushed over to the door and was greeted with gaten and joe. along with two other people behind them but i couldn't see them well.

" finally! your literally late! " i exclaimed to both boys.

" blame joe! he took forever in the shower! " gaten replied back, poking his finger into joes chest.

" knock it off dude. " joe chuckled, swatting away gatens finger.

i gave both of them a hug and once they stepped into the dorm, i could see exactly who was behind them.