Episode 6: Hostage or ally?

Shadow was still silent. They eventually dropped the dude in the cellar off and hit the road again. "So uh.. why aren't you talking?" Barf dude said.

Shadow didn't reply, he just looked like he didn't want to be where he was. And that was exactly what he felt.

"Helloooo..?" Barf dude said, waving his hand in front of Shadow's face. Shadow didn't pay any attention to anyone. He wanted them to leave him alone so he could escape.

"Manic, I think you should leave him alone." The pink hedgehog said to Barf dude. "Why? He can speak!" Manic said. Shadow liked the nickname 'Barf dude.' "Because he's obviously annoyed! And what if he's mute? Also, I'm annoyed!" The pink hedgehog said.

"Sorr-y!" Manic said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Thank you for apologizing." The pink hedgehog said, nodding.

The rest of the ride was boring. Nobody even talked, and all Shadow could hear was the van's engine, and the wheels going against the road.

However, something strange happened. They heard a large crash. And it sounded like Silver groaning in pain. Shadow's ears perked up. He dashed out of the van as quickly as he possibly could at a seemingly normal pace.

Silver was up against a cracked rock, and injured. He then saw Sleet and Dingo again. Shadow quickly picked up Silver and ran into a nearby forest. He could hear the fighting in the back. However, Sonic had followed them.

"Silver! Are you okay?!" Shadow asked. "Shadow.. is that you..?" Silver said. He was bleeding a tiny bit from his nose. "Yes, yes! I'll get you healed in a bit! I just have to find something to cover your nose up.." Shadow said, panicking. It's all my fault! I should've never confronted Infinite! Shadow thought, taking all the blame for himself whilst looking for a leaf.

He took a leaf from a tree and sped towards Silver at a dashing speed. He didn't think anyone was following him. He folded the leaf and held it where Silver was bleeding. He then tilted Silver's head up to prevent it for going on forever.

Silver's quills were covered with his own blood. Sonic, in the background, was hiding behind a tree.

After a bit, when the bleeding had stopped, Shadow sat down next to Silver. "Why are you here? Did Infinite do this?" Shadow asked Silver in a worried tone. "Yes.. And right before Sonic got the last hit aswell.." Silver answered. "Goddammit. Well, at least someone got Infinite." Shadow chuckled. "Yeahh." Silver said, smiling a bit. Shadow could tell that something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Shadow asked. "I think more of us will be coming to this universe. Stuck here. If nobody finds this universe soon, we might not make it.." Silver said. "Don't you have time-moving powers or whatever that's called?" Shadow asked. "Well, that won't help us." Silver answered.

"Whelp. You still have your telecines, right?" Shadow said. "Yeah. Anyways, let's get moving I saw this universe's Sonic follow us." Silver said. "How do you know its not our universe's Sonic?" Shadow asked teasingly. "I'm new to this universe, not stupid. This universe's Sonic has a silver necklace." Silver said, standing up. "Huh never saw that. I guess that pink hedgehog and Barf dude had those too." Shadow said, standing up. "Pfft- Barf dude." Silver said, laughing.

"Anyways, let's get going now." Silver said, still chuckling a bit. Silver walked deeper into the forest and Shadow followed not very far behind.