Episode 5: Escape

Shadow sped out of the cave. He hoped he didn't run into those other 'guys' again. Shadow found a spot to sit at, on top of a roof. It was a sandy area he was at currently. He heard something familiar.

It was the van those 'guys' had. They were on the move. Shadow decided to follow them. Maybe they were on their way to a hideout or some shelter. He knew it was very risky, but it was better than being out in the sun, burning because of your dark quills.

He ran for quite a bit, until it stopped. He had been not far behind, but not in sight. They were at a robotic area now. Three hedgehogs stepped out. One seemed to be Sonic from this universe, and the other two were unknown to him.

One was pink and was the stereotypical 'girl'. The other was some punk barf dude. "Alright, you guys know the plan?" The pink one asked the two others. "Yep!" Sonic and Barf Dude said, and they all scattered into the robotic city.

Shadow decided to follow them closely.

He had been following them for a while now, and they were in the vents. He was below the vents with some gear that let him see the ventilation system and cameras. He wasn't the best with technology, but Tails talked about it so much that he remembered how to do it.

The three hedgehogs broke into a cellar area. They seemed to be rescuing a friend of theirs. Shadow ran to go spy on them. However, there was a stupid robot coming his way. He flinched as the robot grabbed him. He knew that the hedgehogs would find him now. That alarm was ear-piercing.

Shadow was tossed in from of that fat old man. Robotnik picked Shadow up from his back. Shadow didn't even try to get free, he didn't want to get the other hedgehogs in worser trouble than they would if they even tried to save him.

Robotnik yelled in the worst voice yet. "What is this?! This isn't Sonic! This is just a coal-stained hedgehog!"

"Wow, rude much?" Shadow said, deciding to make him mad for the other hedgehogs to escape. Robotnik was displeased. "Throw him in the cellar! He won't cause me any more trouble when this is my only functioning robot!" He said. He still had that nasty frown on his face.

Before Shadow could even talk back, the blue blur whacked the robot and Robotnik. "C'mon! Let's go!" He said to Shadow. Shadow got up and ran in the wrong direction on purpose. He could hear Sonic go "Huh?" It seemed that he had already got the rest of them to the van, as the halls were empty.

Shadow ran at normal speed again, thinking that nobody would notice. He then heard Sleet say "I've got you now, hedgehog!" Shadow rushed to the location of the sound and hit Sleet right in the face. Of course Dingo was there and grabbed Shadow. "Sick of being grabbed!" Shadow grunted, struggling to get free. Sonic hit Dingo in the face and grabbed Shadow's hand. He dashed out of the factory and went to the van.

"Who are you?" They all asked Shadow. Shadow was silent. That was too fast to be possible. One second, he's struggling to get free from some wannabe buff dude, and the next he's in a van with random strangers asking you for your identity.

"Well?" The pink one said. Shadow was really embarrassed.

"I think he's shook." Barf Dude said.