How Does a Moment Last Forever?

Maurice opened his eyes and found himself in his bed, Beal tending to him and Y/n looking over him worriedly, squeezing his hand. "Beal...? Y/n...? Where's...?"

"Shh," Beal shushed. "It's alright, Papa, we're home. I put Clarice to bed."

Realizing he had them back, Maurice leaned forward, pulling them both into a hug. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"We missed you so much," Y/n said, squeezing back.

He pulled away, asking seriously, "But the beast? How did you escape?"

"He let us go," Beal said, remembering the sad look on his face.

"That horrible beast?!" he demanded.

"Oh, no, no, sir, he's not horrible at all," Y/n said quickly, trying to get him to calm down again. Plus...she did not really care for anyone talking about Adam as a 'beast'.

"He's different now, Papa," Beal agreed. "He's...changed, somehow." He blended at Y/n, who did not notice, knowing who really changed him.

Y/n grabbed Beal's bag, hearing a noise, and opened it. The mirror fell out, along with Chip. "Hi!" he greeted cheerfully.

"Oh, a stowaway," Beal chuckled.

"Why, hello there, little fella. Didn't think I'd see you again."

He hopped to look at Beal and Y/n. "Guys? Why'd you go away? Don't you like us anymore?"

"Oh, Chip, of course we do. Is just that -" Y/n's mouth shut when they all heard a knock.

"I'll get it." Beal got up and opened the door, a look of confusion replacing his smile when he saw the owner of the asylum, D'arque. "May I help you?"

"I've come to collect your father." [FROLLO]

"My father?" he repeated with offense.

"Don't worry, monsieur. We'll take good care of him." He stepped to the side, showing that the wagon had come to take him away.

"My father's not crazy!"

"What's going on?" Y/n asked, coming over.

Lefou came out with a torch, repeating almost robotically, "He was raving like a lunatic. We all heard him, didn't we?"

"Yes!" everyone else yelled out, far more enthusiastically.

"No, I won't let you!" Beal tried again, standing in front of his doorway.

Maurice peeked out from behind the two. "Beal? Y/n?"

Woken up by the noise, Clarice stayed inside, peeking out through the window.

"Maurice," Lefou continued, only his mouth moving. Now it really did sound like he was reading from a script. "Tell us again, old man. Just how big was the beast?"

Trying his best to remember, he can't out with a figure. "Well, he was...that is...enormous! I'd say at least eight...no, more like ten feet tall!"

The crowd laughed, except for Lefou and Gaston, who watched from the shadows.

"You don't get much crazier than that," Lefou mumbled before walking back off into the crowd, realizing what he has just sentenced Maurice to.

"It's true, I tell you!" Maurice begged as he was taken away. "Let go of me!"

"No!" Beal grabbed into D'arque's shoulder. "You can't do this!"

He pulled away and walked off. Not giving up, Beal followed, leaving Y/n. She watched before a hand slithered around her shoulder. "Poor Y/n. It's a shame about Beal's father."