SOL...YWMA [Ch. 30]

Start from the beginning

"You two became a couple without realizing it," I concluded. She nodded her head.

"Then we'd break up because of something idiotic, and a few months later we'd get back together. It was like that for two years, can you believe it? We had a committed on and off relationship for that long," she chuckled, finding the humor in it all.

I pushed my lips to one side, not sure what to say to that. I don't want to tell her something that'll convince her to give them another try. I know, that's childish of me, but it's the truth. "And I'm sure that he hooked up with other girls when we weren't...on, but, I didn't care. Because I knew that we couldn't stay away from each other for too long," she added after a moment.

I debated whether or not to question what exactly she meant by them not staying away from each other for too long. It's as if she's saying they needed one another, sort of like an addiction. No matter how much you try to stop, something always pulled you back to it.

That thought alone doesn't sit with me well.

She laughed some more, but it soon turned into a sad one. "I'm such a hopeless romantic," she muttered.

"If it makes you feel any better. I'm not the best at relationships either," Andrea spoke up. I turned to her, surprised that she said anything. Whenever ever Courtney went to change dresses, Andrea would pull out her phone and begin entertaining herself.

Sandy looked around me to see Andrea. She sent Andrea a thankful smile, "Really?"

"Yep. I'm the ultimate hopeless romantic. Seriously, I've won trophies," Andrea carried on. I chuckled and leaned deeper into the couch. "I always start liking someone, but never make a move. Then I get all sad when I see the guy with someone else. I've never had the guts to admit my feelings for someone. I always hold them inside until it's too late to act upon them. I give anyone permission to call me pathetic," she continued casually.

Sandy and I laughed. Not because of Andrea's romantic misfortune, but because of her tone. She spoke as if she didn't have a care in the world. Almost as if it wasn't a bad thing to be so hopelessly romantic.

"Well, don't sound so depressed about it," I joked, causing her to giggle as well. Courtney reappeared, holding all five dressed within her arms.

"None of these are good enough," she huffed as she began to place them back in their certain areas of the room. "The woman said they should have some new ones in in a few days. I guess I'll come back then," she said in defeat.

The three of us stood from the couch, stretching as we did so. "You know, I could just call up a friend of mine that's a pretty amazing dress designer. I'm sure he'll enjoy making a wedding gown for you," I told her.

Courtney shook her head and waved off my comment. "I couldn't ask you to do that," she stated. I gave her a flat look, letting her know that what she just said was a waste of her voice.

"You're not asking, I'm offering. And it's already decided," I finalized as we all headed out of the boutique. I pulled out my phone and dialed my designer friend's number.

******

Andy parked the car on near the curb of the street. The neighborhood was pleasantly quiet. One once in particular was a white, two story. It was a beautiful sight to see. It wasn't a brand new, built house, but you can tell that it was well taken care of. The yard, also, was well taken care of. Planted floors decorated the pathway leading from the sidewalk to the front porch. On the porch, two rocking chairs with multi-colors cushions sat with a table separated them.

The only thing stopping someone from believing this was a residents home were the crew and cameras surrounding it. There were two personal trailers, trucks, and other vehicles parked up and down the road.