"Do you want to know the gender?" Dr. Murphy asks hesitantly.

I see if Oaklee will say anything but she just stares at the ceiling. I nod my head slightly.

"It was a girl."

It's almost as if it pressed something inside of Oaklee because as soon as those words left her mouth, she snapped her head to mine.

"Get out." Oaklee says, keeping eye contact with me.

Dr. Murphy leaves in an instant, leaving everyone the way she left it.

"She's dead." Oaklee's broken voice says. "Our baby is dead, Leonadas." She repeats.

"I know, Amore." I say slowly as I watch her carefully.

She looks back at the ceiling.

"Goddamn it!" She screams, shoving her hands in her face.

I quickly grab her hands and pull them away from her eyes before she pushes them to hard. I grab them in one hand while my free hand strokes her cheek.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." She cries. "I don't want this to be happening. Please, tell me this isn't real." She stares up at me with a wet face.

"I can't, baby. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." My voice cracks as her face just...crumbles. I'm fast to pull her against me, wrapping my arms around her as she cries.

"This was supposed to be...mine. She was supposed...to be mine." Her body shakes as she tries to talk.

"I know, I know." I whisper.

Oaklee's POV:
I have to push my dead baby out of me.

They gave me some type of drug to start contractions so the labor process happens except I don't get to keep my baby, this time.

"Do you want some ice? She says it helps with the contractions." Leo says softly as he pushes hair away from my face.

I shake my head, staring out of the window while my arms tighten around Leo's waist as my head rest on his chest.

I scrunch my eyes as a contraction hits. I was given the choice of having a C-section but I didn't want the scar to remind me that I wasn't good enough to take care of my baby girl. My first baby girl.

"It's okay, it's okay." He whispers against my head.

I don't want the epidural, I deserve to feel this pain. I deserve to know that my baby girl won't be able to live the life she deserves.

It's supposedly 'easier' to deliver this time since they wouldn't have to worry about damaging my baby.

"What do you need me to do, baby? Please. I can't stand to watch you in pain." His voice cracks as he speaks. I don't have to look up to know he's crying.

"I just need this over." I whisper as tears flow down my face.

He kisses the top of my head as his hands rubs my body. I know he's being careful not to touch my stomach, like he knows it would do something. I'm not sure what that something would be. We could break down, well, more than we already are.

I'm just... not sure of anything at this moment.

Leonadas's POV:
God, if I thought watching Oaklee struggle while  giving birth to our other children was hard, this takes the first place.

It's fucked up that she has to deliver this baby.

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to make her feel better. I need to make her feel better. I need to... do something other than sit here and watch.