Captured

The cold creak of the metal ship was unsettling, but, Pearl had to admit it... She was kind of nostalgic for this type of thing. Not because she liked what the Gems did, she never did. In fact, the technology disgusted her, she could only imagine what that advanced equipment did to other planets. But, the reason that she missed the ancient looking tech was... Well. It reminded her of the good old days, when she was younger, when Garnet was younger, when Amethyst was younger, and when... Rose was alive. Pearl sat against the wall in her cell abroad the ship. Pearl's forehead touched her knees.

Everything hurt. None of this would have happened if she wasn't so weak. Why was Pearl so weak? Opal, she couldn't even rip a tiny bit of the ship with her arrows! But, if Garnet and Amethyst fused, oh... They'd rip the ship a new one for sure. It was all because of her that they were in this mess! It was all because of her that Steven was hurt, captured... Along with Rose. Thinking of Steven and Rose being hurt put a deep pain in Pearl's chest.

Amethyst was on the other side of the cell, her back press against the wall where Pearl pressed hers. Amethyst felt just as miserable, she couldn't stop thinking about how Steven must be so scared... He usually was so happy, so lovable. Why did this happen to him? Him of all people? Steven was a ray of sunshine through a cloud of thunder. He cared for people even though they could never care for him. He cared for creatures who would usually make people scream and run in the opposite direction. But, what does Steven get in return for such saintly acts? He gets head butted and tossed into prison jail without a single goodbye to any of his loved ones.

Amethyst sighed and ruffled the back of her long lavender hair. She decided to break the long silence between Pearl and her, she hated that stupid creaking. It drove her nuts. "Hey... You there?"

It took Pearl a moment to answer, Amethyst worried that Pearl couldn't hear her through the wall. Pearl took a deep breath, still burying herself miserably, "Of course I am, Amethyst. There is no where else I would be."

Even in times of crisis, Pearl was still being a smart ass. Amethyst rolled her eyes and grunted, "Well, I was just asking. Its not like I can see you, y'know?!" Pearl didn't respond to Amethyst. Amethyst immediately regretted yelling. She could imagine how Pearl must be feeling. But, Amethyst was scared. She was beyond frightened. She didn't know what to do.

"Leave me alone with my thoughts." Pearl's voiced was soft and low, as though she was embracing her predicted death. Amethyst furrowed her eyebrows and glared, turning around to face the wall she slouched on, "LOOK. You're not the ONLY one whose afraid! You're not the only one whose terrified beyond belief! You're not the only one whose in distress! Don't you dare leave me alone, do you hear me?! You can be a real jerk, you know that, right?! After all these years you known me, you know I can't stand expressing my feelings. I HATE IT! I need someone to be here with me, I don't know what's going to happen-"

"You're right, Amethyst." Pearl cut in. "F-Forgive me... I'm just..." Amethyst groaned and slouched against the wall again, "No, no. I'm sorry... Sorry I freaked out there. It's just, I don't know what's going to happen. If I die, and never see you again, I never could tell you things-"

"Tell me what things?" Pearl raised an eyebrow and came out of her hiding place.

Amethyst's face flushed a deep purple as she realized what she said. "I... Uh. I meant all of you! Garnet, Steven, and you. That's-"

"If you were to die, right at this moment, what would you have wanted to tell 'us'." Pearl cut in once more. She knew how to handle Amethyst's misguided feelings.

"Well, I dunno..." Amethyst rubbed her upper left arm.

"Amethyst." Pearl beckoned for an answer.

"Alright, Alright! Just stop rushing me, okay?! You know I'm not good at these types of things..."

Pearl sighed, "Proceed."

"I guess if I'm going to die, and never seeing you- A-All of you ever again. I would wanna say that I'm... Sorry. I'm sorry you had to put up with my 'obnoxious' attitude for as long as you found me in the kindergarten. I'm sorry I gave you such big problems and mimicked you every chance I got. I know at times you can thing I'm just some stupid idiot who can't even get a single thing. Or that I'm a slob, or that I'm messy, dumb... All that. I look up to you. You're... You're just so beautiful, graceful, smart, responsible... Everything that I'm not."

"Amethyst," Pearl began. "Never say that." Amethyst felt hurt by Pearl's words. Was what she said something bad? "Never say that, ever..." Pearl shook her head. "Amethyst, I don't think you're an idiot or any form of crude language. Sure, you can get on my nerves, but you're still my friend in the end, my companion in battle. You're beautiful, you're resourceful, you're charismatic, you know just what to say to keep me on my toes, and after everything we've been through... I've been so attached that I can't bare to think of you leaving my side."

Amethyst barely caught her breath. What was Pearl saying? Pearl's cheeks blushed a light blue, "Amethyst, I love you." Amethyst's eyes widened as a thousand thoughts flashed through her mind. Did she just hear what she thought she heard? No. Maybe she's just going crazy and this whole conversation never happened. Maybe everything is wrong. Maybe everything is-

"Amethyst, I know this is so unprofessional but... Please, I need to know, I need to know before we... Before whatever happens on the homeworld! I need to know if you feel the same. I need to know if you love me too!"

Amethyst felt her vocal chords tie. She wanted to tell Pearl her feelings, why her heart was beating at a thousand miles per hour, and why she could barely talk. Amethyst put her head against the wall as she attempted to build up her courage. You can do this Amethyst! You've imagined this moment every night! You've been having these feelings for so long! Don't you wanna tell her?! Don't you wanna tell her before it's too late?! Finally, she felt as if she could tell the world! With a puff a breath she started-

"STEVEN!" Pearl cried out, startling Amethyst. Amethyst looked out from the holographic cell to see Steven standing in the ancient Gem ship hallway.

"Pearl! Amethyst!" Steven grinned and ran over.

"Yo! Stee-Vann! I knew you'd make it out!" Amethyst chirped. Pearl smiled at Amethyst's enthusiasm.

Steven began to walk towards Pearl's cell, reaching to touch the holographic light green transparent wall. "No! Steven! Don't!" Pearl warned as Steven neared the screen.

"No. It's alright! Watch." Steven put his arm through as Pearl watched with trepidation. Steven was perfectly fine, despite the minor shocks he was receiving, giving him a twitching wobbly look. "Hurry through!" Steven wobbled.