"Draco?" My voice came out much softer than I was expecting it to.

He didn't budge as I tried to speak to him, and all of the horrible thoughts started to rush through my brain. Harry said it would work. It was supposed to work if I came back. Draco should be awake, too.

Why hasn't it worked?

"Draco, please wake up." My crying was strangled. This was the worst pain. Nothing else has ever felt as horrid and awful as this. "I love you. I came back for you, and you were supposed to come back for me." I sobbed.

I studied the way his pale face looked, but it didn't look any different than usual. He never had much color in his cheeks to lose, I suppose. His white dress shirt looked soft, and thin. I could see all of the designs he wore across his skin underneath and it made me shiver as it resembled the awful night I had just lived through.

How long was I gone? Was I too late? Harry said it would get worse the longer I stayed in limbo. What if I wasn't quick enough to make a decision?

I trailed my fingers down the buttons as my tears started to drip off of my chin and absorb into the fabric on his chest. I pulled back a few of the buttons towards the top and let out a harsh sob when I saw the deep purple scars that ran over his right ribs. They were so thin they resembled veins, but I had seen them too often. I had touched something identical on someone I once knew.

Cracks of lightning. Touched by a curse.

"You'll be okay," I smiled weakly. "I came back, so you'll come back, too. You're okay." I sighed with relief when I thought of how Harry had survived the curse before.

I climbed into his bed next to him and laid against his side, pulling the blanket from his body and putting myself under it, too.

"Come on, love." I whispered, placing a kiss against the exposed skin of his chest. "Wake up. For me." I begged. The door creaked once more as Blaise peaked inside.

His face dropped when saw how I had embraced Draco's still body.

"Emmy," he started to try and get me to be reasonable, but I was quick to cut him off.

"He's okay. He'll wake up soon. Just like I did." I promised him. "You'll see."

My eyes were heavy and barely open while I still rested against Draco's chest and watched the sun set out the window. No one else believed me that he was going to come back, too, but I could feel it. They also never thought that I would come back either, so they learned to just wait it out and shut their mouths.

Any movement, Drake. I'll take anything.

"Ow." I sat up straight and stared down at him with wide eyes, hoping he'd repeat himself. Maybe I'm imagining this.

"Drake, are you up?! Did you speak?! Say something." I demanded.

"Quit yelling." He barely mumbled. "You were warm, lay back down." He whined. A smile crossed my lips and I pecked his cheeks numerous times before I slapped his shoulder lightly and furrowed my brows at him.

"Oh my god. I cannot believe you killed us, you fucking sicko." I scolded in a teasing manner as I laid back down on his chest.

"At least it worked." He coughed, lazily wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back while I squeezed him a little too tight. "Potter and that old bastard kept promising it would work, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was skeptical." He sighed and kept his eyes closed.

"Can you look at me?" I whispered, tipping his chin down with my fingers and staring at his face. His eyes opened slowly and remained half closed. A comfortable silence surrounded us and I scooted closer and cuddled into him further.