Prologue

The room was filled with silence

The moonlight peeked through the covers of the windows, giving little light to the dark room.

Looking down at her lap, the girl closed her eyes and hesitated to speak. "Just.. who are you?" She asked with her voice filled with nervousness.

Their presence was meant to be feared and the girl does fear them. After all, who wouldn't be afraid if you had just gotten kidnapped when you're just about to head home from work?

They felt dangerous.

As if one mistake then goes off with her head-- as if they'll actually do that. Though, there's actually a possibility that they will and can.

"We're still the same, but what about you?"

The girl is confused, that question sounded as if they knew her or what. "What about.. me?" She asked, unsure if that was the right response.

She was sure that she hadn't been with suspicious people or had ever done something illegal, she herself had always been responsible and respectful of her surroundings. She was sure that she never made any mistake.

"Are you sure you haven't changed?" A different voice spoke. Now, she was sure that there were more than three people in the room, surrounding her.

She couldn't see the faces of these people because of the dark, but she was sure that they have the strength to put her back on her seat if she ever tried to run away.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, still unsure if she knew that them in the past. Though, she was sure that she only had one male friend she ever made.

"Are you sure you don't know?"

"I.. I'm not sure what you mean."

"I told you, she doesn't remember anything."

"..."

"What was I supposed to remember?" The girl asked, suddenly curious of what or who were they in her past. She was confused of how they knew her and how she didn't know them.

"..Nothing."

"Alright, we'll let you go for now."

And just like that, she was allowed to leave. Everything seemed like it happened in the blink of her eye. One moment she was kidnapped, and now she's at home enjoying a nice warm bath as if nothing even happened.

Heck, she didn't even bother to go to the police station which was only a few blocks away. She didn't bother to do anything since she didn't want any more headaches.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Note: This book is unedited and English is not my first language, so expect some grammatical and spelling errors (if you ever see one, you can correct it in the comments :D).