hangover pt.2 💫

warnings: vomiting, sickness, cussing, pills.

////////
eddiexfemreader- this is a part 2 to the last story 'drunk' but it is not necessary to have read that before this one; you wake up in eddie's bed and remember the night before, you instantly feel sick but eddie helps you feel better.
////////

y/ns pov:

my eyes flutter open to meet a ceiling that wasn't mine. my heartbeat is in my head. memories of last night instantly flood my brain, then i feel it. i jump out of the bed i'm in and sprint out the room and to the bathroom a door down, i shut the door behind and immediately kneel down, hovering my head above the toilet.

vomit starts to come up and i spill my guts out in the toilet. the worst part, it tastes like alcohol and potato chips. nasty. when i feel as if i can't get anymore up, i flush the mess down and fall back, placing my back against the wall facing the toilet.

now that that's out of the way, i become aware of my surroundings. i'm in eddie munsons house. chrissy ditched me last night and he took me to his place and then i passed out in his bed. that clears things up.

there's a knock on the door that makes me jump for a second. "hey, you okay in there?" i hear eddie ask. i look at the toilet and then back at the door. "yeah i'm fine." i say back with hesitation. "can i come in?" he asks. i look around and then down at myself and sigh. "it smells like vomit in here but sure."

the door slowly opens to reveal him leaning on the doorway post. he had a plastic sealed water bottle in his hand and he was wearing red plaid pajama pants and a nightmare on elm street shirt. his teeth were showing through his small smile.

i flash him a sarcastic, deadpan smile and he giggles before sitting down on the floor with me. "here drink this." he hands me to water bottle and i immediately uncap it and start chugging, trying to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth. "you sure you're fine?" he laughs and looks around the bathroom awkwardly. he sat with his legs crossing, like a child in preschool. he looks back at me and as soon as i detach my lips from the water bottle, i answer his question. "my whole body hurts. i feel my heartbeat in my face." i say moving the hair out of my face and behind my ears.

"well, come in the kitchen with me. we'll get you some tylenol and breakfast and you'll be back in good shape in no time." he says quickly and then stands up, holding out both his hands. i take both and he pulls me up next to him. our faces get close when i stand, i look up and our eyes meet. i probably look like a wreck, i step back from him and brush my hands off on my shirt. he opens the door and walks out while i follow behind. we both walk into the kitchen, i pause before each step as all my muscles seem to be sore and i see a pile of pancakes lying on the counter.

"we got maple syrup, whipped cream, chocolate chips, and fruit so whatever you like." he says with a smile and then lifts himself up to sit on the counter. "wow, i didn't realize you had a whole bakery in your house." i say while grabbing one of the plates he laid out for me. "well i actually went to the store this morning to get like ingredients and shit, but uh. yeah." he says quietly. i look to him with a surprised look, "you didn't need to do that." i say. "i know." he says back smiling at me.

my cheeks turn pink but i hide my face with my hair and i start piling pancakes on my plate. four of them stacked on top of each other. then i take the bottle of maple syrup and slowly pour it all over them. until they are drenched. i hear eddie rifling in one of the cabinets, and then he comes up next to me sliding over a bottle with the label on it 'acetaminophen' (tylenol).

"take two of these. and then drink this." he says while also sliding a bottle of pedialyte over to me. he then grabs a plate for himself and stacks the rest of the pancakes on his plate. i walkover to go sit down on his couch, the pedialyte in one hand, my plate in the other, and the bottle of pills squished between my arm and my torso. i plop down on the couch and set all the things in my hands on the coffee table. before i do anything i take big bite of the pancakes. not bad. in fact these are the best pancakes i've ever had. they were fluffy and buttery. i look up and see an old black and white horror movie on the television, on super low volume.

eddie passes me by and takes a seat on the couch right next to me. i see his plate that he sets on the table. three pancakes stacked on top of each other, soaked in syrup, topped with whipped cream, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and slices of strawberries.

"jesus." i scoff at his dessert. "what?" he ask. and then starts digging into the food. "i'm getting diabetes just looking at that" i say. he laughs at me with whipped cream on his lips and the tip of his nose.

i shake out two pills from the bottle and wash it down my throat with the pedialyte. he leans forward over the pancakes and continues to eat the monstrosity on his plate. i continue eating mine too. we both eat while our chins hover over our plates and the table. our legs kept shifting up on each other but neither of us address it.

when we finish up, we both lean back on the couch, i give a glance at him and he was licking his lips to get rest of the whipped cream off his mouth. he gets it all except the little bit that's on the tip of his nose. "you missed a spot." i say. he looks over to me "huh?" he says obliviously. i lean forward and take my finger to wipe the cream off his nose.

while i was doing it, i didn't realize we were both intently staring at each other. i brush my hand on the shorts i'm wearing and break eye contact. i look up at him again and he's smiling.

"what?" i say laughing a little. he shakes his head and looks forward. "nothing." he laughs out with me.

"you feel any better?" he asks me. i look over at him. "i feel a lot better actually." i say. "that's what i'm saying. pancakes make everything better." i laugh at his comment.

i actually do feel a lot better, my headache was soothed and my muscles aren't as sore. and i also feel less embarrassed about last night now that i know that eddie wasn't mad or annoyed with me. i thought he was, that he had to take me to his house because i was too drunk. then i fell asleep in his bed which caused him to take the couch. but it's good to know that he didn't mind. in fact he made me pancakes instead.

"thanks for all this." i say looking over and meeting eddie's eyes. "oh, it's nothing. pancakes are easy to ma-" "no, i don't mean the pancakes. i mean letting me stay here because i decided to get too drunk to drive back to my place. and thank you for taking care of me even though it wasn't your job."

his face lights up with a little surprise to my praise. "it's not that big of a deal. anyone wouldve done what i had done." he says glimpsing between me and his hands. "yet no one did except you." i say. i see him try to hide a big smiling growing on his face.

i feel safe with him. i wouldn't have gone home with anyone else last night besides him. i don't know why, but i trust him. even though we've never been friends, i have known him since middle school. he's always been the cool 8th grader to me but last night he made sure i was protected. he was there for me even when my own best friend ditched me. it's not that big of a deal for him but it is to me.

i stare at his face without even realizing. i think he's technically beautiful. his eyes, his smile, his hair. everything about him was a comfort to me.

"you good?" eddie asks, breaking me out of my stare. "huh?" i say dumbfounded. "you dozed off for a second."

i nod. "i'm good. just thinking." i say back and then look back at the tv. still some weird 50s horror. "i can drive you home whenever you want. just say the word." eddie says. i look over to him and then think about the fact i've been crashing here and he might want me to leave. "oh im sorry. im totally overstaying my welcome right now." i say and start to adjust myself on the couch. "what? no. you're always welcome. you can stay here as long as you like. you can even spend another night if you need to." he sits up closer to me as he says it in a comforting voice. i don't know what to say. i just look at him. he was smiling and looking right at me.

"thanks eddie."

/////////

1647 words
not proof read
hope y'all enjoyed