One

emerson elliot, the openly lesbian girl of the town. she lived in a town with a population of 2,000 people, the type of town where everyone knows everyone, and if you don't know someone you know someone else who does. her best friend was archi zane, a friend from childhood that stuck with her. archi is bisexual, but he wasn't out to anyone except emerson.

another friend of emerson, her best friend you could say, is juniper. she goes by june most of the time. emerson has had the biggest crush on the dark haired girl since they met. the only thing is, juniper has a boyfriend. they were all cool with eachother, sorta like a little friend group between the four, but still she couldn't stop herself from disliking oliver for having something she wanted so badly.

the other problem is that she wasn't sure if june was straight or not. they only talked about sexuality once, and that was two years ago before oliver and juniper got together and at that time she said she was straight.

the group were always planning something for atleast every other day of the week, just so they weren't always stuck up in the house. today they planned to meet at the mall. you could do pretty much anything there.

emerson wore some loose fitting jeans and a random t-shirt. her shoes were some high top converse and she wore a few rings she always had on, along with the silver necklace she grew attached to. half the time it was only taken off when she had to shower.

eventually she got in her car and headed to the mall, twenty minutes earlier than when they were supposed to meet up. she always had anxiety about somewhat unrealistic reasons so she always felt the need to leave at least ten minutes early to make sure she had time for if anything were to happen.

when she pulled in she found juniper and oliver at the main entrance of the mall. she figured they'd be there as they were pretty much like her, always early. as well as the fact that archi was always fashionably late. she walked to the two that were teasing each other, tucking her hands in her pockets with a smile.

"good morning." she smiled, wrapping her arms around juniper.

"it's not morning emerson." the brunette giggled, rubbing her friends back.

"it is for me.. woke up like, thirty minutes ago." juniper pulled away from emerson's chest and looked up at her, smiling. as she realized she pulled away and returned back to oliver's side. after about ten minutes archi arrived and they made their way into the mall.
~~~
emerson watched june looking through a rack of clothes with a small smile. she always looked so happy doing literally anything.

"do you think this would look nice for a date?" june held a ruffled white dress up to her chest. emerson hummed and shrugged while walking to her.

"yeah, i think it would look nice on you." she cooed, playing with the ruffles at the bottom of the dress. junipers cheeks went red as she looked up into the green eyes of her friend. she pulled away as she got too flustered to even think, turning back to the rack of clothes.

"you two are still here?" archi asked with a bag in his hand from h&m.

"are you rushing me?" juniper snapped back, crossing her arms.

"no, of course not." he grumbled. the three eventually left the store and went to h&m where oliver was. emerson only found a pair of khaki pants and a few t-shirts but she was content. after h&m they ventured off to the vans store, then to hot topic before they ended up in the food court. archi and oliver went to charley's while emerson and juniper went to chick-fil-a. emerson ordered first before turning to the other.

"what do you want?" she asked, pulling the girl forwards to the counter.

"oh uhm just a eight piece." the brunette muttered, reaching to get her card from her pocket.