Ep. 5.1

Jayda Cheaves POV

As I stand in the shower inside of Kennedy's bathroom , I let the boiling water cook my skin , appreciating the burning sensation I haven't felt in two days, since I've been captured .

Thinking back to how fast everything happened, and how I just kind of have to come to terms with it is pretty fucked up to me .

Not only am I emotionally scarred by this
Man , but now physically, all while he has me washing up in his dream girls house , so I can get ready to go to someone he killed funeral .

This is not the life I want to live , and it's damn sure not one I can get used to . I gotta get out .

As I finish up my shower and begin my hygiene , I alert kennedy that I'm ready for my hair to get done and watch her closely as she starts setting up the supplies so gracefully as if she doesn't have a single care in the world .

Must be fucking nice .

She gives me a robe to wear as she does my hair , before she starts to style it , and create some small talk .

"Sooo " she starts "are you from out here ?"

"No I'm from Atlanta " I tell her and she nods .

"How did you and von meet ? " she asks glancing at me through the mirror .

"He kidnapped me" I answer shortly , skipping the rising actions , causing her to grin before laughing . "No I'm serious" I keep a straight face .

"I know " she chuckles "sounds like something he would do " she shrugs

Why is everybody acting like it's normal ? Maybe it's a Chicago thing .

"Well maybe you can get him to let me go or something because I'm tired " I sigh.

"Ohhh noo I learned a long time ago to stay out of that man's business " she shakes her head seriously causing me to become curious .

" why you say that ?" I question

"Girl because he has mental problems" she tells me

"Have y'all dated orrr..?" I can't help but to asks .

"Oh god no " she scoffs " I can't deal with his crazy ass " she shakes her head " he shot my boyfriend twice and removed all the tires off my momma car for getting him banned from the church " she says as my jaw drops while I try not to laugh .

"Oh my god " I snicker "Why did he shoot your boyfriend ?" I asks

"The first time he said it was because the burgers at the restaurant he owns was dry then the second time was because Daniel corrected him when Von called him 'Darryl ' and Von insisted that he was right "

I start to laugh uncontrollably as she joins and shakes her head " I'm telling you he used to be a trip " she says

I know Von is crazy ,but dess made it seem like he only terrorized the females in the city , and from what it sounds like, he used to be on everybody's ass . He should've been locked up by now !

"I used to think he would be somewhere UNDER a prison by now , but about three years ago I stoped hearing about all the crazy shit he was doing so I think he changed Forreal this time " she says .

I furrow my eyebrows at her words then frown . Three years ago ? When he met me ? Or after I shot him and I wasn't around anymore ?

"I don't think he's changed to much " I mumble looking down , reflecting on the past few days I've been with him .