Ep. 2.2

Jayda Cheaves POV

As I sit at the bar with nardo listening to all the words that flow out his mouth , I start to realize we've been talking for at least two hours in the middle of a strip club, as if we're the only people in here .

What started off as a simple introduction turned into an intriguing conversation about where we came from , how we ended up here , and why I was in prison in the first place . Since baby outed me and brought it up .

At first I thought he was going to judge me , or has even heard about it before like everyone else, but according to him he doesn't know anyone in this club and only sat by me because I'm a 'pretty girl who performed to his song' .

He just wanted my attention .

As we start to converse and get to know each other , I begin to think back to one other time I've actually sat down and held a real conversation in this club , which only causes me to recall my first time meeting von .

The night he defended me against an aggressive customer , or even when I gave him a lap dance , and he gave me the biggest tip Ive received from one person up to date .

I hate that everytime I turn around or do anything von crosses my mind ,but he does, and I'm hoping this conversation with Nardo can help stop it , he's way nicer than Von was .

Well .. way nicer than Von EVER was .

He stops talking as the girl who helped me earlier in the dressing room walks by with a customer making him lick his lips and stare her down all the way up until she disappears into a room .

I chuckle a little and shake my head reminding myself that no matter how interested in you a man seems , his eyes will always wonder .

"My fault " he mumbles , noticing my expression .

"You're fine " I shrug . "She's beautiful, I'd be looking too " I agree .

"Hard not to shit , same with you " he says giving me the same look

"You not some creepy pervert who preys on girls at the strip club all night , right ?" I ask and he laughs , but I'm so serious .

"You funny " he shakes his head "but if you must know I run a business outta here and was supposed to dip a long time ago if you ain't start talking a nigga ear off"

"Oh please I said  three words to you "I wave him off

"Three words to many " he jokes as I roll my eyes and flip him off .

"what business do you run? "I asks curiously

"Damn you a fed or sumn , might got on a wire in dis bitch " he shakes his head

"Negro 99% of my body is exposed , where the hell imma be hiding a wire ?" I suck my teeth

"Lemme check that last percent and I'll let you know " he nods and I wave him off "Aight fine " he starts then leans in closer "I brought my shit from florida to up hea cause I heard y'all got more addicts than rehab " he explains referring to drugs making my eyebrows furrow "it started off as me just making a lil investment cash fa my rap career , but just when I was finna make it out , I got connected wit some people who put double the profit in my pocket so now I just do both " he shrugs making my eyebrows shoot up as if a light bulb just went off inside my head  .