"I've missed you," Jeongguk whispers.

"I've missed you, too," Jimin murmurs, his words almost swept away in the running water.

Once Jimin and Jeongguk finish up in the shower, they find themselves in the living room.

It doesn't matter how close to comfort Jimin gets, or how many times Jeongguk reassures him. When he believes he reaches a state of solace, guilt begins to riddle his bones. There's just something about a person giving up everything they've been to pursue something new and become someone they never were. It's nerve-wracking.

Questions flood his mind, just like they have been the last few days. Will it be worth it? What if this follows them for the rest of their lives? Will they even have a rest of their lives? Will it last?

"Jimin."

Jimin looks over at Jeongguk, breaking into a sheepish grin. He's been getting caught more frequently while being lost in his thoughts. He rubs his nape sheepishly.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeongguk asks, placing a hand on his knee.

"What am I not thinking about?" Jimin replies, playing with one of his sleeves.

"I wish you wouldn't worry so much." Jeongguk puts his arm around the blond's shoulders, pulling him into his side. "I'll post my statement tomorrow on my socials, alright? Just relax." He leans in, placing a kiss on Jimin's lips.

Jimin hums into the kiss, trying to hold onto the little bit of positivity he feels he has left. "Do you think we can go out and get some fresh air? I know it isn't necessarily safe to leave yet and there's probably still a group of people waiting outside. But there has to be a back door they'll let us out through, right? I'm starting to feel stuffy," he explains, looking into Jeongguk's eyes with hopefulness.

Massaging the back of Jimin's neck, Jeongguk nods his head. "Did you have anything in mind, Min?"

"I'm not too sure. Maybe we can go and watch the sunset? It's gonna get dark soon so we don't have to worry about anyone seeing us," Jimin suggests and his face gleams at the idea.

And it's obvious Jeongguk has difficulty saying no. He hesitates for a moment but the small hands resting against his own do a lot to sway his decision.

"Okay. Just make sure you cover up, alright? I'll get one of my drivers to pick us up in a different vehicle. We shouldn't have any trouble leaving from the back of the building. Go get changed and I'll give him a call, okay?" Jimin nods his head and springs into action.

When he gets into the bedroom, he switches into darker clothes. They belong to Jeongguk because he doesn't have any here but he picks the sizes that are closest to his own. He fixes a hat on his head and he covers the bottom half of his face with a mask. The hood drapes his head.

While Jeongguk is on the phone, Jimin leaves the bedroom and wanders toward the big window, looking down at the small crowd of people at the front. There's definitely a lot less of them. However, there's a decent amount. Those he doesn't doubt would set up a tent and stake out overnight.

He doesn't realize how much time he has spent looking until Jeongguk beckons him toward the door. "Come on, Min. He's waiting downstairs."

Jimin nods his head and trails after him. Both of their faces are covered and they're keeping distance between each other as they venture through the hallways and the lobby to reach the back.

Thankfully, they make it into the vehicle without any troubles. The windows are tinted and as they sit in the back, they hold hands and look at each other, only able to see each other's eyes. But their eyes already show everything they can say with a simple smile.

"This feels weird. It's like we're on the run," Jimin says.

Jeongguk chuckles. "You aren't afraid, are you? We can turn around―"

"No, it's okay!" Jimin places one of his hands over top of Jeongguk's mouth. "I need this. The calm before the storm, even though we're kind of already in the middle of one."

A squeak fills the car when Jimin feels Jeongguk's lips pucker against the palm of his hand, leaving a kiss. The blond scrunches his nose.

"Cute," Jeongguk murmurs, looking ahead.

Jimin rolls his eyes but he fails to hide his smile. The traffic isn't awful so the time it takes to get to a small remote area isn't too terribly long. The driver parks a little ways back and both Jeongguk and Jimin climb out of the car, walking closer toward the sunset with their pinkies intertwined.

They stand next to each other, leaning against one another. Jimin rests his head against Jeongguk's shoulder, looking forward with enamor. He feels Jeongguk's head lower against his own.

"Are you sure about tomorrow?" Jimin questions.

Jeongguk hums. "There's nothing I can do but tell the truth. It'll be better for the both of us."

"You're always thinking about me," Jimin mentions.

Jeongguk tugs on his pinky. "You're always on my mind, can you blame me?"

Jimin shakes his head. "No, because you're always on mine."

The businessman lifts his head, and Jimin does the same in response, looking up at Jeongguk. He melts at the touch of lips against his own and a hand on his waist.

"I'm excited to start this life together with you. One where we don't have to hide."

"Me too."

(a/n): this isn't edited and i'm sorry if it isn't the greatest i'm just trying to provide you guys with some hope lol in any case i hope you liked this at least a lil bit 🏃🏼‍♀️