Hit to the helmet

(Ava's POV*)

My team was in the field first. Adam was pitching and Nick was up to bat. Nick hit it to third base, where Antonio threw the ball to me and I caught it. Nick was out.

This continued until Jay hit a homerun. He scored a point and then Nicole struck out so it was our turn to bat. Jay was pitching and Adam hit first. He hit a homerun. Then it was Carisi's turn to bat. He hit it and Nick caught it.

Now it is my turn to bat.

I get on to home plate and everyone was telling me to hit the ball when Jay's first pitch came straight for my head. It hit my helmet but still hurt because of how fast he pitched it.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Nicole asked because she was catcher. I shook the pain out of my head and nodded.

"I'm so sorry." Jay said walking up to me taking his glove off. "Take off your helmet."

I did so and he noticed the red mark on my cheek. "Go to first. I don't want to hit you again.

"No, its fine. I want to hit the ball." I said getting ready to bat as he walked back. He pitched again and I swung but missed. Then he pitched one more time and I hit the ball very hard. It went straight for him and hit him in his 'area'.

I dropped the bat and started to run at the same time as he dropped to the ground and curled into a ball. I slowly started to stop running because he was moaning and groaning.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Ughh." He moaned as Antonio came out of the doug-out and gave me a high five laughing. Jay stood up and said that he can't play anymore. We played with out him for the rest of the game, and then we ended with a tie.

"So anytime you guys need anything or what ever just call me." Antonio said as we all left. We arrived back at Amanda's at 6:30, and I went to bed early because I have school the next morning. I am very excited.

I can hear Amanda talking to Nick and the I fall asleep.