2.0

Turners.

The word had cascaded a blanket of silence from the room which made my skin prickle. It may have been a single word that I had never heard or didn't know what it meant, but it's connotation held a negative sentiment. Diana's face held so much fear and distress that I knew these Turners were bad. Judging from Beta Harrison's face also, he knew what his mate was talking about and tinge of fear was spread across his face. But, he was shaking with anger and his eyes had a fire in them that could not be burned out.

As if sensing his parents' anxiety, Tristan stepped away from Dad's desk and to his parents. Diana's big doe eyes were even larger and only relaxed when both son and mate laid a hand on her shoulder. She looked like she came from a different dimension when she relaxed. There was a bit of fear still tainting her face, but her face was consumed with guiltiness. It looked like she was the one to make these Turners; although I know she didn't.

"What?" Stella broke the silence with a clipped, impatient tone and I mentally groaned. My parents were lenient with manners for Stell, rather they had programmed it into my head since I could speak.

Stella had her skinny arms crossed over her chest with her lips pursed in annoyance. I wanted to walk over to her and unravel those arms since it was a sense of disloyalty to the Betas of our pack. I was ready for Beta Harrison or Diana to dismiss Stella out of the room and never discuss this matter to her again. But, one of them surprised me. Diana was the one to reply to my sister with her tone calm, cool, and collected.

"Turners are werewolves who turn humans into us. About fifty years ago, we learned that we can turn humans into werewolves with a scratch. But, this scratch is hard to execute because it has to be deep to have a werewolf's DNA to go into the human's, but not too deep to kill the human. These people who took your parents have a plan and that plan is to retrieve Morgan. But, we have her, so now they will have to negotiate. They will return Alpha and Luna if we return Morgan."

I was frozen in my place with the others, too. With this new information, shock ran down my body in waves and waves. I didn't know that a werewolf could turn a human into one of our species; I thought that you became a werewolf because you were born from a werwolf. It was such a cliche for being turn into a werewolf that I never believed in any form of it. There were the countless conversations about believing that you could turn into a werewolf, but I was always on the side that said there was no such thing.

My parents told me, along with my grandparents when they were alive. I didn't know if Mom and Dad knew that there was such beings called Turners before they were abducted, but they knew now. They were taken by people who injured Morgan, Tristan and I knew that already, but now they were taken by Turners. They were bad as rogues, I could tell from the frightful voice of Diana. It was rare for Diana to have fear overtake her body, she was always brave and strong. I knew she was telling the truth and that scared me.

"How do you know these Turners exist?" Stella asked. I could see the calculating gaze in her green eyes, but there was still suspicion lying underneath it. I mentally rolled my eyes at the accusing stare she had pointed directly to Diana.

Diana's eyes casted downward, focused onto the floor. Tristan pulled his hand away from his mother's shoulder when Beta Harrison pulled his mate to his side. I could tell that Tristan had a longing to wrap his arms around me, but his parent's anxiety is much important. Like it should be. The mate bond between the two of us strengthened when we were fully mated, but Tristan and I developed some strain against it. We could fight back our wolf's instincts by repeating what we wanted to do in our minds, and our wolves listened.