1.9

The prominent letters of Derek's name stuck out like a sore thumb with the cursive handwriting of Dad. He kept files of every wolf or human in our city for emergencies. I hadn't known that Derek was in an intimate relationship with a human, nonetheless had a child with her. Although werewolves were more powerful than humans, our DNAs were weak and if you had a child with a human, then your child will be fully an human.

The plan that I was thinking had ultimately failed with this new information. I wanted my parents back and I would love to return the girl, Morgan, back to the people who have taken my parents away. I couldn't do that to Derek, but there was still a question in the midst of Tristan and me. I could tell that Tristan and I were thinking the same thing; why doesn't Derek not know about this?

"What are we going to do?" Tristan asked, not to himself or me, but in general. We had no clue on what to do with such a situation, since we never encountered one like this before. If this was a rogue attack, then that would be a different story. But, this isn't a rogue attack; this is werewolves kidnapping my parents for a human that they have bitten.

"Ris, let's go to your parents." I said. We need their input and they would help us determine on what to do and how to do it. They've had years of experience and would be the only people we would trust that they won't tell anyone yet. We needed a plan first before addressing that the Alpha and Luna were kidnapped to the pack.

"Wait." Tristan held up a finger at me. "We need to talk to my parents, yes, but I just remember that we now have an alliance with the Lockwood pack. We should talk to my parents and the Alpha of the Lockwood pack."

I thought about his words. The Alpha of the Lockwood pack, Max, could help us, but what if he can't? What if he just has the same ideas of Tristan's parents? Or what if he doesn't have any ideas, at all? But, all we can do is try. For the sake of my parents and Morgan, we will go to Tristan's parents and Max.

"Okay-." I was interrupted by the slamming of Dad's office. In materialized my sister with Ryder by her side.

"Why didn't you tell anybody?" Stella's face was flushed with anger that was about to boil over any time soon. She had pressed both lips together to halt herself. Stella could say something that she would regret.

"S-Stella... What are you talking about?" I tried to feign confusion. I couldn't tell if she was talking about our parents or Morgan, but my gut told me she was talking about the former.

"Our parents, Kenna." Stella stepped forward, so we were face to face. "Our parents."

A growl erupted the room from Tristan, a snarl sprayed onto his face. It overpowered everybody's emotions in the room and made everybody turn their head to him. His once tamed, green eyes were wild with anger. He had taken notice of the stance Stella was in. Power leaked out of him as if he was the Alpha of the pack and not my father. "Stella, I suggest you step down."

"Oh, shut up!" Stella shot Tristan a murderous look. Anger consumed my body at how my sister was talking to my mate. I know she was beyond mad at Tristan and me, but she needed to control her anger. I was about to grab her by the upper arm, but she started to talk, "I can't believe my sister would love such a fool. I don't know who you think you are, but you have no say in this matter. This consists of the Alpha's family and not some murder."