A shocking revelation

After dahlia had her rest she got up to the face of her smiling mother in law " morning honey you slept until 11 am it's time to get up " she stretched feeling her back crack and sighing in relief , just realising she was asleep in marcel's room on his couch .

" good morning love " her fiance greeted with a smile as he slipped on his jacket  " I am taking you out somewhere today  " he said and leaned on over her .

" Now ?" She questioned

"Yes , now get moving " he answered with a proud smirk on his face .

Dahlia got up and rubbed her eyes causing marcel to coo at the sight ,dahlia frowned at him and left the room .

She got dressed into something casual and met marcel downstairs " hey love you ready ?" She nodded and they left the bakery as marcel interlocked their fingers.

Dahlia blushed ' god what an idiot ' she thought as the blush spread to the tips of her ears ' and an embarrassment to humanity in general but he is lovingly sincere '

" Love ?" Marcel asked his distracted fiance " y..yeah where are we going anyway ?"

" ice cream,  I heard _ no I know that's your favourite dessert " she found herself blushing again how much exactly did he know about her ? Does he know her more than her own so -called -family ? Better than jon did ?- no stop don't think about him , marcel is sincere unlike jon she is not gonna disrespect him because of a basterd who broke her heart , after peeling every protection layer she had .

She is not comparing them because she knew deep down that marcel is better than jon could ever be .

When they arrived at andre's icecream by the Siene she saw a familiar face playing the guitar "lu?" She scowled a little .

A smile playing on her lips , the boy raised his head confirming it and she let loose a laugh " lu!!" She exclaimed jumping  into his arms  .

He spun her around before settling her down marcel catching on .

" Do you know everyone in Paris ?" Marcel raised an eyebrow at her .

"That's my freind luka he grew up at the  island with me but when mother used to bring around luka used to be training " she said with a giggle.

" No I know who luka is , he is one of my best freinds " marcel sighed.

" dals go get some icecream I need to talk to marcel " luka shot her a smile that surely looked suspicious .

_______________________________________

He didn't know what the meeting was about. He hadn't been paying attention. Dahlia was usually the one giving the reports, talking above everyone else, rolling her eyes at suggestions she didn't like.

Jon, for the most part, spent his time in the meetings watching her, or glancing starstruck at his teammates with wonder he still hadn't quite kicked. But if he looked to his right, like he'd been struggling against this whole hour, he'd find Dahlia's seat empty.

  if he looked at Starfire, he'd find her watching that seat with unease, watching him with questions he couldn't answer fully in her matronly eyes.

Nightwing was there, though, and he had to tell her, had to have told her. Dahlia wasn't there because she was off in Paris  meeting her new family, and she was on the arm of a boy Jon had never met, and it had nothing to do with Jon .

That's what dahlia  had told him, but that was a lie, wasn't it? She'd said as much, but that didn't make the knife in his gut twist any less.

The meeting ended, and Jon stood with the intention of heading to the rooftop so he could fly home.