She got up from the couch and went towards them.

"If she thinks she is orphan, where did she used to live in Srilanka? At orphanage? Who took her their?" Sofia asked looking at them in confusion.

"Actually Sofia, when Celia told me that Grace is Ev, I called my private investigator and asked him to collect all her information. But according to him Grace shifted in Sri Lanka when she was 14, before that she was living somewhere else but we don't know where. And yeah, she wasn't living in an orphanage in Srilanka" George said and we all grew confused.

"Then where was she living?" I asked him.

"She actually rented a small apartment in srilanka and used to do the part time jobs to pay her school and personal bills" George said and I widened my eyes in shock.

"What?" My dad yelled angrily.

"My granddaughter used to do jobs to pay her bills?" Dad looked hell angry at this new piece of information.

"Why didn't she used to live in orphanage? Why was she living alone? Wasn't she a minor?" Emily asked shockingly.

"That only Ev can explain" George sighed looking away.

"If Victoria didn't kill our Ev than why did she pretend to threw her from the cliff?" Emily asked after a moment of silence.

"Maybe so we stop searching for her" Kriya said thinking deeply.

"Maybe. But where is she now? Is she dead Or alive Or Is she stalking or keeping an eye on Ev?" Emily asked and I became shocked at her words.

"Maybe. Maybe she is following our Ev. Maybe she is planning something big and terrible" Kriya said shockingly.

"If that so, we have to protect Ev. If Victoria is actually keeping an eye on Ev than it's not safe for Ev to stay alone. We need to protect her. I can't loose her again, no" Sofia cried looking scared.

"Don't worry Sofia, I'll protect her" I said trying to calm her down.

"Really? How? Like you protected her years back?" Sofia yelled furiously. I looked at her with guilt.

"Sof.. "

"No Adrian, not this time. This time I don't want fake promises. This time I want my daughter, safe and near. Go get her" Sofia chirped looking away.

Few minutes back she was crying for her daughter and now she is showing anger for her daughter. I went towards her and cupped her cheeks softly.

"Sofia I promise, this time I'll protect our daughter with all my powers. This time I'll not let anyone hurt our daughter, I promise" I said kissing her forehead to which she nodded yet looked angry.

"What else did your private investigator told you?" My another brother asked George.

"He didn't have much information about her. Just her living alone in a rented apartment. Working part times at cafes, diners or sometimes at library, schools and that's it. Nothing more. And here she used to live in XYZ street and... "

"What?" We all yelled together with this new information.

"Ev was living in Xyz street? Xyz street? That place where all sort of crimes happens. Rape, murder, gambling and so on? How can she live in such place?" Ryan asked widening his eyes in shock.

"She don't live their anymore. As soon as Celia told me about her I immediately alloted her a dorm" George said but I was still not convinced.

"But why was she living there?" I asked angrily.

"Because of lack of money" Celia said looking down and I widened my eyes in shock and fury.

"My daughter was living in such a dangerous place because she didn't had money?" I chirped shockingly.

I fucking earn in billions and my daughter was given a life where she had to live in such a trashy place. I can't believe this.

"Um right now she is working in a diner for 200 dollars a month" George said and I closed my eyes in agony.

I'm the worst father ever. I couldn't saved my daughter years back. Me being so called billionaire is of no use if my daughter had to live a life of struggles.

"I have asked my private investigator to collect more of her information that where was she living before. What happened to Victoria and everything" George said and I nodded.

"What about Ev? If we have to protect her than we have to tell her the truth and have to convince her to live with us, don't we?" Emily asked and Sofia nodded.

"Exactly. Aaron - Liam, let's go to her dorm" Saying so Sofia start walking away but I caught her.

"No Sofia. Not now" I said to which Sofia looked frustrated.

"Why not?" She asked freeing herself from my grip.

"Sofia she must be tired now. We will go tomorrow and talk to her, not now please" I said trying to convince her.

"Really Adrian? We should let her be alone so that again that Victoria can kidnap her and take her away from us?" Sofia yelled angrily.

"Sofia.. "

"No Adrian I'm leaving now" She again tried to leave but I didn't let her go.

"Adrian leave me. Someone has to protect Ev. And you clearly can't protect my daughter so atleast let me go and protect her with your ex crazy lover" This time Sofia yelled at the top of her voice. I looked at her in shock.

Sofia had never used this tone to anyone before so it hurted me a little too much but I didn't let her go.

"Sofia I have already hired gaurds who are keeping close eye on Ev, don't worry" George said but Sofia still looked angry.

"Sofia say whatever you want to say but I can't let you go. Not atleast now. We have to talk to our daughter with calm mind and right now you're anything but calm. I won't let you go now" I said determined.

"Wow. Nice Adrian, very nice. First cause of your ex crazy stalker, I almost ended up losing my daughter. And now when she is finally close to me you're forbidden me to meet my own daughter" She yelled but I didn't changed my expressions.

Giving me a long angry glare she returned back to our room. Emily, Kriya and Celia went behind her to calm her.

Sighing I slumped in the nearest couch and kept my palm in my head.

I'm never gonna forget this day.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Hope you guys liked the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment and also share this story with your friends and family.

Thank you (◍•ᴗ•◍)