Part 37: Hollow Mind pt. 2

She believed.

he lie d.

~~~

The Golden Guard leads Dawn and Silbi to the throne room when the girls noticed the scouts bustling around. They were transferring the portal door out of the throne room and taking it to its new spot somewhere outside the castle. Dawn knew she was running out of time, about a week, until the Day of Unity.

She and Silbi enter the throne room, where Belos was waiting and had finished his meeting with the head witches. The coven leaders bow their heads before leaving the throne room. Dawn and Silbi move aside and watch the coven heads leave.

"Hi!" chirped Silbi as she waves her little hand. "Bye!"

Raine and Eber gave Silbi their sincere smiles while Darius pats her head. When the coven heads were gone Silbi scurries ahead to Belos. "Papa!"

Belos smiles and opens his arms to her. "Good morning, little one. Will you be a good girl today?"

Silbi replies adorably, "If papa says please then I'll be good!"

The Golden Guard lectures her. "Hey! Show some respect, Silbi! He's still the emperor."

Silbi blows a rasberry at Hunter. The teen prodigy narrows his glaring eyes at her. Dawn giggles and places her hand on his shoulder. "Easy, Hunter. She's only six."

Hunter grumbles while Belos chuckles lightly. "The Day of Unity is almost upon us. We'll be extra busy this week."

"We've noticed," said Dawn before asking, "Do you need us for anything?"

"Only to have you three by my side. I would want nothing more," said Belos while Hunter puts on a prideful air.

Dawn smiles affectionately while Hunter added, "We'll have everything ready for the Day of Unity, uncle. You can count on it!"

"Thank you, Hunter. I could always rely on you," said Belos while Silbi sucks her thumb. She then asks, "Do I still have lessons?"

Belos replies, "Not this week, darling. Everyone will be so busy, so we won't have time for your lessons."

Silbi cheers, "Freedom!!!"

Dawn giggled and said, "But I think Belos still wants you to continue studying, Silbi. You don't want to slack off, do you?"

"Boo!!!" whined Silbi.

Belos laughs lightly before going to Dawn and giving her Silbi. He leans in and said, "Once this is all over, we can finally be together, my empress.

"You'll have to get through my family first," teased Dawn lightly.

Belos smiles. "Nothing would make me happier."

~~~

Dawn swallows hard while Beos walks past her and the kids. A cold and cruel tone comes out of Belos's lips as he approaches the palismen creature. While at the same time a conniving smirk appears after destroying the palismen souls in his subconscious.

Dawn felt sick in her stomach as she sits there frozen with fear. However, she also felt pity for a broken Hunter, who had to face his true "uncle".

"Hunter's a Grimwalker . . ?" Dawn was confused before Hunter starts being pulled into the subconscious. "Hunter!!"