Untimely Death

Song:
Scars - Papa Roach
Special thanks to CreatureFeature for the idea of this chapter!

Curtis got a deranged grin on his face, then he whispered. "Let's kill my father." That suggestion hit me like a slap, as scars reopened, and I began to drown in the waters of my memories.
♤ ♢ Erik's Flashback
I breathed in deeply, I was only four, but I needed to do this, I needed to do this. I clenched the knife tighter, my dad sat asleep in his arm chair, I had to do this to protect myself and my mommy. With my free hand I sofly traced the slash mark that my dad had made with the very knife in my hand a few days ago, he had came home drunk and hit mommy, then when I told him to stop he told me I was an insane devil child and tried to cut my heart out, now it was my turn, I'll prove him that I am more than just a devil child, I am Hell's dowfall, Satan wishes I was his child, I crept up behind my dad, and let out an animalistic snarl before jumping onto my dad's lap, and I pressed the knife to his throat. "Wake up daddy, I have a surprise for you!" I purred as he opened his eyes and I pressed the blade harder against his neck. "Erik! You foul ghoul, get away from me and give me the knife!" "I can't do that daddy." My dad looked like he was about to hit me, but instead with all the strength my toddler arms had I beheaded my dad, then I slashed out his eyes. I threw the head away from me, now it was time for the best part.
I took the knife and slashed at my dad's still chest until I reached his heart, I ripped it out from his chest and ripped it in half. Then I just started randomly stabbing and slashing until I was covered in blood, and oh how I loved the taste of blood and how I was overjoyed by the sound of the knife slicing through flesh. When my mommy came home she screamed and a few hours later these nice men came and took me to a house with other kids like me lived.
I had waited three years before my new mom and dad came to the house and took me home, thats where they tried to get the pleasures of killing and bloodlust out of my mind. I like my new mom, but my dad was worse than my first dad, he hit me, and beat me, and touched me where he shouldn't. I plotted his untimely death for another two years, then I finally figured it out.
"Hey dad, can you go swimming with me?" My second dad got that glint in his eye like when he was about to touch me, and he replied. "Okay Erik." Then after getting into our swimming trunks my second dad took me to the lake near our house and we swam, and steadily I swam into deeper waters, my second dad following me, once we were where my second dad couldn't touch the bottom I flung myself at him and forced my index fingers into his eyes, rewarding me with the sweet music of his screams, then I held his head under the water until he stopped struggling. Then I went back home to my mom crying and sobbing, telling her that dad had suddenly stopped swimming and floated to the bottom and never came back up.
♢ ♤ End of Flashback
I resurfaced from my memories and touched my chest, right over my heart, the scar was still there, but it was barely visible unless upon closer inspection, then I looked up at Curtis and smiled. "That sounds like fun, how about tonight at the park?" Curtis nodded then quickly took my phone and texted his dad.
Time Skip
I hid behind a tree, my axe in hand, and a chainsaw at my feet, Curtis was sitting on a bench and his dad walked up angrily. I heard them whisper yelling at each other until I heard the sound of a hand hitting flesh and Curtis cry out in pain. Over came by rage I ran out from behind the tree and sliced Jerry's chest, Jerry was as Curtis had stated was his dad's name. I kneeled next to Jerry as he choked on his own blood and I whispered to him. "No one hurts my Curtis." Then I quickly beheaded him and let Curtis slice up the body into a soupy mixture of flesh, blood, and bone.
As we walked home Curtis mumbled to me. "You should've waited like we planned." "No one hurts you and gets away from it unscathed." I stated, Curtis sighed and then suddenly asked. "Can I hear the story about your dad?" I nodded, and replied. "When we get home."
We walked into my house and I sighed and sat on the couch, Curtis sat next to me and I told him about my first family and the one I was now living with, when I finished Curtis simply asked. "Can I see the scar?" I shrugged, I had expected him to say that, so I pulled off my shirt that I was going to have to wash anyways and Curtis inspected the thin white line of my heart and then gently traced it with his finger. "Some dads you had." "Yeah, but I took care of them." I giggled then stopped, I was extremely torn on how I felt about my first kills, most of the time I was happy I killed them, but on the nights when no one was around and I was left to my own thoughts I silently cried, feeling regret for the untimely deaths of my fathers.
I was staring off into space when Curtis placed his head of fluffy dark brown hair on my chest and hummed a bit. "Um Curtis?" "I like listening to your heart beat." "So I'm not the only one thats obsessed with my partner's heart beat?" "Nah, its probably because we experience so much death and gore that sometimes we forget what a heart beat is and we feel comforted by the rythm of our partner's life sound instead of wanting to end it." "Thats deep Curtis." "Can we sleep like this?" "If you want my love." "I love you Erik." "I love you to Curtis." "Good night popcorn whore." "Night coffee addict."