Chapter 47 ~ The Csa

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's not yet time for you to die," the Ileín told Iérti. "I assure you, the path you go on will lead you back to your wife and daughter. Your race will cease to be dominant; there will be nothing but a few remaining vampires on other planets, especially once the Crimson Phoenix eliminates all those of destructive nature on planet Mijoria. The entire Csa race will end on Iredescent. When that happens, only then will you be reunited with your family."

"May that day come swiftly then," Iérti said firmly. He tried to touch the Ileín once again, but the Ileín's force field prevented him from touching him. Feeling hurt and wounded, Iérti went to resume standing at Mallen's side.

Mallen was quiet, not saying a word though his mind was racing. He felt the Ileín's eyes on him as he looked at each vampire individual, carefully studying them. Mallen's dark eyes locked with the Ileín's, his intent made clear in his eyes.

"I know your deepest desires, the ones you keep hidden even from yourselves," said the Ileín, continuing to look at every single person, yet only speaking to a few. "Blaise, you want music to be heard all over the world. Your love for music will inspire the world and surrounding galaxy.

"Romena, after seeing much chaos and destruction on your land, you wish for things to be in order. However, your intentions will be the very undoing of the entire Csa race.

"And you," he said, looking directly at Mallen, "will no longer fear that which you fear. You will hold to what is good, and you will find redemption for your past actions. There will be a moment when what is hidden will be revealed, but instead of fear, you will have long-awaited peace."

The Ileín turned away, leaving the vampires to reflect on what he just told them as he surveyed the dead bodies once again. He glowed even brighter, a vivid luminescence that spread out, though it dared not touch anyone. The vampires watched in astonishment as the yellow dust arose from within him and swirled around as if in a dance, the Ileín's shimmery dust-like powers reaching out towards the dead bodies.

Iérti couldn't believe what he was seeing. Mallen was frozen in place, a silent witness to the most powerful alien in the galaxy. Írásom's eyes were wide in astonishment as she continued to cling to Mallen, fearful of what was going to happen next.

The yellow dust's powers lifted the dead bodies about half a man's height in the air, keeping them suspended in place as yellow dust particles swirled around them in the clear night sky, the stars above glittering yellow in the pitch black. The bodies crumbled into dust, disintegrating into specks of white. Then the most astonishing thing occurred.

Swords were forged seemingly out of nowhere, long daggers with double-edged blades materializing in thin air as the yellow dust worked his latest creation: a deadly weapon, black matte silver in color with a shiny black pommel. The swords were black-edged, metallic gleaming silver on the blade.

Yellow dust guided wind spread out towards the vampires, separating them into two groups. Írásom cried as she was pried out of Mallen's arms, Mallen rushing towards her, but the yellow dust wind pulled him away. Iérti was pulled close alongside Mallen in the same group. Írásom was placed in a separate group.

Blaise, Romena, Stellan, Bly Basko, and Trandafira were in the same group as Mallen and Iérti. Mallen noticed Vajir was in the same group as Írásom and felt a sinking feeling in his heart, realizing why they were in the same group. He turned to the Ileín, mentally pleading with him to please spare his wife, but the Ileín sadly shook his head, saying, I'm sorry, Mallen, but she must face the consequences of her actions just like the others. You will eventually see her again in the afterlife. Just not anytime soon.

"No! Not my wife! Not Írásom! Please, spare her! I beg you!" Mallen yelled, tears falling from his eyes as he tried hard to run towards Írásom, but he was forced to stay in place with the others. Iérti tried to help him, but he was also set in place. Iérti put a hand on Mallen's shoulder, but Mallen was unable to be consoled. He continued crying, repeatedly pleading with the Ileín.