ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - ꜱɪx

𝗙ranki watched her knee bounce up and down at the same time her eyes bore at the white tiles of the second-floor in this hospital

𝗙ranki watched her knee bounce up and down at the same time her eyes bore at the white tiles of the second-floor in this hospital. It had been hours since Eden's accident at the house, yet all that's happened since then is her becoming an in-patient in the Emergency Room, to then moved to where she was now, the psychiatric ward.

Evidence of her sadness collected in her palms as if she was catching rainwater; she claimed that the girl sleeping in that bed was her best friend – someone of reliance, and someone she gave the same to, but now she could see how wrong that statement was. While she was off worried about her love and sex life, her friend was drowning amongst her darkest demon.

There were a lot of things that she's fucked up in her short life – but this one had to be one of the worst so far. She could rewrite the lines between the people she's done wrong, but this?—it was an act so unforgivable that she knew she didn't deserve anything more than to feel like shit about it. Eden, when she wakes up, should curse her out for the rest of her days.

"Frank?" a voice to her side said.

She turned her head quickly, matching the sound with the sight of Jase's face. She immediately tensed and sat up, wiping the tears off her face. She didn't feel bad about feeling guilty for her friend's issues, but that didn't mean she was exactly ready to show them off to everyone.

"Yeah?" she answered breathily.

"Mind if I join you?"

She nodded.

Jase took a seat in one of the identical plastic chairs beside her; she watched him lift his hand in the air, hovering over her knee for a second before he ultimately decided to rest it on his own. She shifted in her chair and leaned the back of her head on the wall behind them, staring at nothing.

"How are you doing?"

"Fine – have you seen Eden?"

"Yeah," he nodded shortly, "She's going to be staying here a while."

Franki exhaled out of her nose as the words sank in. Eden was almost seventeen but was still so far from experiencing enough of the world to be going through this. She was so young, a baby – the baby – and yet she was stuck going through more than the rest of them as a collective whole.

Realistically, she knew that she needed help. She knew that she was going to have to stay here long enough for her to get a grasp on her disease again, but senselessly, she wanted to believe that she was strong enough to go against it on her own. She wanted her home – by her side, fighting for the truth in their reality.

Unfortunately, even a kid like her has more going on than the overall problem.

"I just want her to be okay."

"She will be, Frank," he half-smiled at her, "She will be."

Finally, willing her eyes to glance at him, she softened inside. His dark brown eyes gazed at her with a cool expression – one that wasn't entirely emotional, but had enough that it felt comforting. His lips were still pressed into that expression, and his hair tussled; all of the above had her feeling like she should lean into him and engulf herself in his being.