I almost have to roll my lips into my mouth to prevent myself from laughing. These poor idiots are getting played out of so much money. Half a million dollars isn't even a quarter of what I'm really worth.

But I won't ruin their fun by telling them that.

"And how much would I be worth alive?"

Finn looks at Jessie, then back at me. "Two million."

I chuckle. "But it would be too hard for you two to bring me in alive, right? Too much of a fight that you're not willing to risk?"

Smart choice, honestly.

Finn's smile drops and his nostrils flare with anger over my comment that I know he knew to be true.

I keep taunting to buy time,

"So my guess is that you two have been taking all of these pictures then?" I look back at Jessie and then at Finn again. "The ones of Isaac cheating on Elaina, that was you."

"We had to find a way to get him to Italy. Making amends with his fiancé after getting caught being unfaithful seemed like the perfect opportunity." Jessie speaks from behind me.

I cock my head. "And what about the paint shop? You did that just to fucking scare her then?" I refer to Marjorie and Derek's store, recalling in my head how affected Elaina was when she saw the fire.

But both Finn and Jessie crease their brows. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Finn mutters.

They seem genuinely unknowning...so maybe that really wasn't them. But even then, the alternative to it not being them is even worse.

There's still so much about this situation that I'm confused about. I might as well try to get some answers.

Changing the subject, I decide to speak again. "Why were you guys waiting in here? In Elaina's room?" I question, "Were you waiting for her?"

Finn looks to Jessie, then to me, the weapon still in his grip aimed straight for my head.

If they were really looking for her, then why would they know about the bounty over my head?

"Our instructions were to either take Elaina, or kill you...it was a matter of whoever we came across first." Finn tells me.

My brows furrow. "So you've got me." I remark, "What happens to Elaina?"

I ask the dreaded question and Finn's lips just turn up into a smirk. My stomach twists and turns like a vortex of pure anxiety.

"She'll be taken care of." Finn says. "She probably already has been."

My lips part in worry as he says these words. I look back at Jessie who also beholds a smile. I felt anger throughout my blood, but also fear as Finn's words set in.

These two aren't the only ones here tonight with intentions to harm Elaina. There's more people here.

I start to shake my head slowly. "You two have no idea what you're about to do."

"You're not manipulating your way out of this—"

"No, you seriously have no idea." I speak, "Whether you kill me or find Elaina, you'll both be killed afterwards for knowing too much."

I know the ins and outs of how the mobster life works. They know too much information, they won't be able to just walk the streets with this knowledge.

They look at each other, I think actually considering my words for a moment.

It's not that I was trying to help these assholes, I was actually trying to get them to let me go so I can find Elaina. I have no idea what's going on outside of this hotel room—I don't know if my friends are alive or dead. They don't know if I'm alive or dead.