The Boiling Isles

~Chapter Two - The Boiling Isles~

As I flew farther and farther away from the small island, a large figure came closer into view. It looked familiar. An uneasy feeling started in my stomach. What if I don't like what I come across? What if things are too different. What if I'm heading straight towards the Trappers? I grew more anxious with every flap of my wings and every breath I took. 

Eventually, the figure came into view. It was a Titan, a dead one that is. I grew physically sick. Memories of that day came running back again. I wanted to turn back around to my island, but I needed to find my brother. As I flew above the dead Titan I noticed a town formed in the rib cages. I decided to investigate.  

There were always myths about what happened when we died. I'm sure all creatures have different theories. The myth of Titans being able to give life off their decaying bodies. It was nerve-racking to know they were true. 

I got just outside of town and saw a sign. "Bonesborough." Interesting. 

I walked into town and tried to keep a low profile. I feared someone would recognize me as part Titan and seek my head. Everything seemed fine. Just normal witches and demons going about their day. It's pretty easy to tell if someone is a Trapper. They tend to dress like a Titan. I just hope my brother is okay. 

I walked into a few stores and wondered around the streets hoping to hear something that would help. But nothing about my brother or a Titan. I learned about some coven system. It was total bullshit. Titans would never limit magic. Maybe the someone made it up cause bad witched were getting too powerful. I almost lost hope. Accepted the defeat. The sun started setting as I sat outside a restaurant in an alleyway. I was exhausted from looking all day. I sat against the wall of the restaurant and rested my eyes. 

"There it is!" I opened my eyes and saw two men running towards me. I jumped up and performed an invisibility spell before flying up onto one of the buildings. "Where did they go?" One said, running to where I was moments ago. 

"It couldn't have gone far. Did you see that beast? We could have made millions off of its wings alone." Another said. "Split up. Check every alleyway in Bonesborough if you have to, just get that beast." 

I stayed invisible until they went away. I was finally able to breath. Invisibility is an easy spell but it drains you quickly. I stood on the roof and decided to fly to the otherside of the city. It would give me time to get away from those guys. 

I found myself getting close to a golden palace. It was huge. I got closer and flew near the entrance. A guard immediately stopped me. 

"Can I help you?" The guard asked. "I need to see whoever is in charge. It's urgent." I responded. 

"Come on. Not just anybody gets to speak with the Emperor. What makes you so special?" He asked. "It's about the Titan, and the Day of Unity?" The last part sounded like a question. It was something someone on the streets said. I prayed it worked. 

"Right this way." The guard said, moving aside and walking me into the palace. I was surprised and had to hide my victory. 

There that feeling was again. The feeling of uneasy. I felt like I was walking towards a death trap, but I was desperate. Maybe the Emperor won't be so bad. 

~End~