1. Life of a Church Girl

Koko Ray's POV
"It's a Sunday kind of love between the two of us, and I just can't get enough of the the feeling that I get..."

I placed my finger on the button of my phone silence the 7 o'clock alarm that goes off every Sunday morning.

Today started off like any other Sunday.

I shot up out of the bed and pushed my now disheveled hair out of my face and sighed to myself.

I threw my legs over the bed, sat there for a minute, but eventually realized that if I didn't my lazy self out of this bed I would be late for church.

I walked to the bathroom of my condo and cut the light on to see my hair all over my head and my chocolate skin glowing in the mirror. I got in the shower and did my normal morning hygiene.

I loudly sang my heart out to LeAndria Johnson's song "Jesus" that was coming through the speakers of my phone, but was rudely interrupted by a phone call from my Auntie.

"Yesssss..."

I answered my phone with a slight attitude

"Don't answer your phone like that lil girl, anyways Koko where are you?"

I pursed my lips and tried not to answer her dumb question in a disrespectful tone.

"It's 7 o'clock in the morning ma'am, I'm at home Ashley Ray, actually in the shower right now as we speak lady, what do you want?" Rolling my eyes as i spoke.

"Tread lightly lil girl, but would you do your favorite auntie a favor" she said as I chuckled.

There was no doubt she was my favorite Auntie because she was only 6 years older than me and she was more like a big sister but she always tried to butter me up before asking me to do something for her.

"What do you need Auntie" I sighed as waited for her answer.

"Do you mind getting to church a little early to open up the bookstore, so your granddaddy can read to the kids after Sunday school, I'm going to be a little late today" I sighed with an attitude now

"You're always late Tete, why didn't you text me and ask me last night"

I was now pissed that she waited so late. "Girl, i don't have time for all these questions are you going to do it or not?"

I inhaled and exhaled rather loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, lady I'll do it, but you owe me heifer!"

She chuckled and responded "See this is why God gives you nieces and nephews. Thanks, Koko you were always my favorite. See you in a few" she hung up in my face as i chuckled while shaking my head at that crazy woman.

I cut my music back on and continued to sing, while I finished my shower. I rinsed the soap off my body, and got out and cut my curlers on before walking out of the bathroom.

I put lotion all over my body, cuz we all know as dark skins, babeh that ash is no joke kmsl!

Once I was done picked up my phone to check the time only to see i still had an hour before i needed to leave for church.

I responded to a few text and then went over to my walk-in closet.

I didn't feel like getting casket sharp today, so i decided on a beige knee-length sweater dress, my gianni bini tan strap sandal heels.

After deciding on what I was wearing, I walked out of my closet and placed my dress on the bed and shoes right next to it.

I went over to my vanity and sat down to do my makeup, I went with a natural look today with a dark lip. When I say even if it was simple ya girl still had to slay.